Saturday, October 11, 2008

The War and Peace

We have been at war in this country. Not just in Iraq. Or other places. At home. Politically.

And in economics. Wars and rumours of wars. Raging.

True peace is found only in Jesus. I'm reminded once again. Oh, we'll have times. We live in time. Eternity is the only perfect peace. I want to be there. Sometimes I think I spiritually cross over into eternity for a moment or two. Serenity comes.

Then Time and the world interrupt.

There is a war and there is peace. Choose peace. It's never going to be here. Only there and sometimes as a gift to your spirit here.

John 14:26
26 But the Comforter, [which is] the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

John 14:27
27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

And THAT is why we must have the word of God hidden in our hearts. IT's PEACE.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Mr. Gene, Please describe why you would believe that William Branham would be a born-again believer? So many of the NAR believers are being misled into mysticism that it borders on the occultic. Why, if we are not to be afraid of anything except the Lord would you wear a hat that protects you from evil spirits. You remember, last year when you were teaching Revelations?

Gene said...

I posted this in spite of the fact that it is as incoherent as anything I have read.

What have I ever said about Branham or not? I don't know if he made heaven or not.

Neither do you. I know very little about the man. Neither do you.

AND

What HAT??

You are a nut.

Anonymous said...

People taking that Revelation class at Lord of Life Church in LaFox, or St. Charles, IL remember distinctly that the instructor of that class, Mr. Redlin, wore a metal cone shaped hat, and when those people in the class asked why Mr. Redlin was wearing such a hat, Mr. Redlin stated that he wore it to keep demons away.

Are you the same Mr. Redlin? If so, can you explain the significance of that metal hat? Should more people be wearing these? Or, is it only worn when teaching about Revelation?

Gene said...

I am posting this as a warning to people who are full of baloney. Whoever wrote this has no idea what he or she is talking about.

I won't defend myself. There's no need. There was, or is no "Hat" ever worn regarding any teaching of the book of Revelation. No protection from the demonic because of it. That is all stupid.

I post this because I want to warn people of the stupidity of partial truths, untruths, assumptions (ass out of you and me) and conclusions leapt to.

Be careful what you believe in, what you hear and what you accept as true because you, dear reader, are so full of it all that it is beyond belief. You have no idea of any assumptions you are making.

People like this commenter believe the kinds of things we find as stupid and humorous forwarded in our emails from people who mean well but are too undiscerning to grasp anything but unreality.

You dear reader don't have any idea what you are talking about whatsoever. I will not entertain any further discussion. You might want to see Ephesians 6:17. During a teaching on that passage I created a helmet.

See what happens when you are foolish?