Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Night and Morning

I know from experience that hearing from God takes quiet. Evening is seldom quiet. I have worked all day. I am tired. I watch a little TV. Too much noise. So, Early Morning is when I best hear what He has to say.

It's not an "ON COMMAND" function.

There is an other way. If I spend a great deal of time praying in the Holy Ghost and/or listening to some very anointed music, usually IHOP or Heather Clark or David Ruis then my spirit will settle down and I can once again hear his voice.

It's not that I don't want to, it's because I let other things get in the way.

I know Biblically it's not right to say anything about it, but Peggy and I have decided at the encouragement of Apostle Lyon to fast for the next 3 days. I want to hear what God is saying. Fasting does that. We are fasting regarding the economy, the election and fear.

I want a breakthru. So do you. Fasting doesn't impress God, it focuses our flesh and our spirit.

Not a big thing. Peggy and I have done this a great deal. I'm believing God will show himself mighty.

We are not only fasting food and drink, (other than water), we are fasting TV. It's time to get our spirits back in tune with HIS.

Like I said at the beginning of all this, I get tired and busy and preoccupied and it crowds out His voice.

That's a CRIME.

Time to crawl back up on Father's Knee and ask Him to whisper in my ear.

Speak Daddy, I'm listening.

No comments: