- Money. Pastor Dan used to say to me, If it means more money it's probably God's Will. I loved Pastor Dan. He was my spiritual father and brother. He's gone now. I don't think he was right. Sometimes a bag of poison snakes comes dressed up as a pretty blessing. Learn to look past the money.
- Does this enhance your gift to the body of Christ or diminish it. In my case, does this amplify or mute the voice of the Prophet to my Generation.
- What master does this opportunity cause me to serve?
- Do I have peace in doing this? Or, is there a major check in my spirit? Now, to be fair, all change comes equipped with a check in the spirit. It's that Check of the Check I look for. The one that let's me know that to do this thing is rebellion.
- What motivation is behind considering this option? Any? Can I identify them?
- Does this opportunity have the probability of taking me off the track God has me on?
- Is there in the Word of God admonition that relates to this opportunity? If so, can I perceive it rightly?
I'm sure there are other. I solicit your thoughts. In my quiet time I pondered this. YES, this is about me. I have an opportunity that looks good, but I am careful to not be deceived.
Sometimes not every good idea is....