Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Identifying with Christ

Most Christians are familiar with the idea that "If you confess me before men, I will confess you before My Father who is in Heaven". We use it. It's part of a formula we make new converts recite. " Go tell someone", we say. All that's OK as far as it goes.

This morning I heard the Lord Saying,

You are mine and I am yours. I am in you and you are hidden in me. My plan for you is that you grow from Glory to Glory until you look just like ME. In the beginning it's admitting that you are a Christian to your unbelieving friends and family. My calling on you is higher. Much higher. The bar in your life is being raised. Come up here. As you grow in me and identify yourself with me abandoning your life for the life I give you, you will become so identied with me that people will see ME when they see you. The Father will see Me when he looks at you. At first I was in you but now you are in ME. Expect the world as you identify with me to treat you as they treat me. Does the world Honor me? Does the world take my name in vain and anger? Does the world lie about me? Does the world ridicule me and those who align themselves with me?

My purposes in you are most revealed when we walk as one. You hear my voice and I direct your paths. Sin blocks my voice in you, you are redeemed from the curse but the sin in your life stifles the word I want to whisper in your ear. Distractions and worry clouds the assurance I want to give you.

You are mine, and I am yours. If you live in me, you are more than Identified, you are my presence in flesh on the earth. And along with all who are so identified you make up the fullness of my manifestation on planet Earth today. There is much to do. Come to me all who are burdened and heavy laden, I AM rest.

No comments: