Sunday, January 16, 2011

The praise of MAN - a watchman cry - by David L. Smith

I saw something on a website, yesterday, and it made my heart cry. Yet, it was not my heart - but the heart of the Father who was crying. There are many who believe the prophetic gifts are something to be coveted. I praise God for how the prophetic gifts may be used to set people free and bring Glory & Honor to the Father. Yet there are times when the prophetic causes one's heart to cry.

Yet, a gift is a gift. God will give a gift and how that gift is used depends upon the heart of the user.

A gift may be used to break the chains of bondage - or to secure the chains of bondage.

John 12:43

For they loved the praise of men more than the praise of God.

We have all been in services in which we express thanksgiving, praise, honor, and recognition for Men & Women of God for their service to the Lord. We recognize the years of sacrifice, the heart of service, the times of trouble that many have gone through in order to advance the Kingdom for the honor & glory of our Lord.

Rare is the heart that is willing to lay aside the reception of that recognition for the rewards of eternity.

1 Samuel 16:7 KJV

But the LORD said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the LORD seeth not as man seeth ; for man looketh on theoutward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart.

1 Kings 22:6-8

Then the king of Israel gathered the prophets together , about four hundred men, and said unto them, Shall I go against Ramothgilead to battle, or shall I forbear ? And they said , Go up ; for the Lord shall deliver it into the hand of the king. 7 And Jehoshaphat said , Is there not here a prophet of the LORD besides, that we might enquire of him? 8 And the king of Israel saidunto Jehoshaphat, There is yet one man, Micaiah the son of Imlah, by whom we may enquireof the LORD: but I hate him; for he doth not prophesy good concerning me, but evil. AndJehoshaphat said , Let not the king say so.

1 Kings 22:14

And Micaiah said , As the LORD liveth, what the LORD saith unto me, that will I speak .

1 Kings 22:19-23

And he said , Hear thou therefore the word of the LORD: I saw the LORD sitting on his throne, and all the host of heaven standingby him on his right hand and on his left. 20 And the LORD said , Who shall persuade Ahab,that he may go up and fall at Ramothgilead *? And one said on this manner, and another saidon that manner. 21 And there came forth a spirit, and stood before the LORD, and said , I willpersuade him. 22 And the LORD said unto him, Wherewith? And he said , I will go forth , and I will be a lying spirit in the mouth of all his prophets. And he said , Thou shalt persuade him, and prevail also: go forth , and do so. 23 Now therefore, behold, the LORD hath put a lyingspirit in the mouth of all these thy prophets, and the LORD hath spoken evil concerning thee.

Hear thou therefore the word of the LORD:

Not all the Words that the Prophets of God speak are evil. Many of the words that the Prophets - and Apostles - and Pastors - and Teachers - and Evangelists - and People of God speak are the Words that I have given them in My Word. They are good things and worthy things and things to be Heard.

Yea, My Words have I even placed in their mouth so that they may speak.

Yet, they seek the praise of men more than the praise of God.

They speak MY Words, but they speak MY Words in order to receive glory and honor of MAN.

Hear ye, again, the Words of the Lord:

Because My people love the praises of man MORE than the praises that are laid up in store for them, they speak words that are not My Words, but words that they have taken from their own heart & mind. They say that these words are My Words, yet those are NOT words that I have given FOR THAT PLACE AND TIME.

The heart of the Lord cries, because many who are called Elders will only allow the Lord to use them in a very narrow and well-defined path that has been established within their own hearts and because THAT is the way they are being LED - they are NOT following the path that comes from within the heart of the Lord.

Hear ye, again, the Word of the Lord:

There have been many that have served Me and their heart is straying away from Me & My will FOR they seek the praise of men more than the praise of God.

(and a note from David:

and my heart cries because some of these Men & Women that have helped me so much are LIMITING God. They love the praise of men and the manna of men more than they live for the praise of the Lord and for the rewards of eternity.

And they recruit those who have so little that they may receive more; Not only more from the Lord - but more praise and recognition and manna from men.)

Hear ye again, the Word from the Lord:

My people do you not see the snares that are laid?

No comments: