Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Jesus Speaks to Christian Television and Churchitainment as Practiced in 2010

I know a blogger Alan Knox who could do much better with this than I do. Perhaps he will.

I only know that I can hardly bear to watch most Christian Television. And church services with the platform prissies make me nauseous. Where is the humility? Where are the tears of repentance? Where is the connection with the heart of God? I understand that as a prophet I bear the spiritual marks of Jesus and what grieves me grieves him.

There are a few on Christian TV I will watch. There are some church platform people who are in line with the heart of God. Fewer than should be.

Jesus spoke to this Jezebel spirit of "Look at Me". Matthew 23

5 “Everything they do is for show. On their arms they wear extra wide prayer boxes with Scripture verses inside, and they wear robes with extra long tassels. 6 And they love to sit at the head table at banquets and in the seats of honor in the synagogues. 7 They love to receive respectful greetings as they walk in the marketplaces, and to be called ‘Rabbi.’

8 “Don’t let anyone call you ‘Rabbi,’ for you have only one teacher, and all of you are equal as brothers and sisters. 9 And don’t address anyone here on earth as ‘Father,’ for only God in heaven is your spiritual Father. 10 And don’t let anyone call you ‘Teacher,’ for you have only one teacher, the Messiah. 11 The greatest among you must be a servant. 12 But those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.

That seems pretty clear to me. I wish we would get this in the church and on Christian TV. We have become irrelevant to the culture because we look no different from the culture. When I watched part of the telethon for Haiti a few nights ago it looked like any praise night, worship service or much of what you see on Christian TV today.

The lost world can't see us. We are camouflaged to look JUST LIKE THEM.

It's not working.

See what Jesus said.

1 comment:

Coulby said...

The true people of God are, just like in American politics, not welcome on Christian TV.