Monday, February 2, 2009

A Vision from Heaven by Faith

In my quiet time I considered the death of a cousin of mine last week. He was my age. Died suddenly. Unexpected. Truly no man knows the day nor the hour.

It has caused me to think. I'm actually a little older than he was.

While just thinking and praying this morning I had a vision of him smiling down from heaven. The same smile he always displayed on earth. Tonight when I was writing a note to his brother, I found myself becoming emotional. That picture came to my mind once again.

I know that theologically this is just silly. I understand that. But, perhaps the Holy Spirit allowed me to see him as I believe him to be, in the presence of Jesus.

Maybe it was a gift of faith from the throne that opened my spiritual eyes for a brief moment.
1 Corinthians 12:
7Now to each one the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good. 8To one there is given through the Spirit the message of wisdom, to another the message of knowledge by means of the same Spirit, 9to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by that one Spirit, 10to another miraculous powers, to another prophecy, to another distinguishing between spirits, to another speaking in different kinds of tongues,[a] and to still another the interpretation of tongues.[b] 11All these are the work of one and the same Spirit, and he gives them to each one, just as he determines.

He is the great comforter. I was comforted. I hope you will be as well when you need to be.

I do know this, when I change worlds and step following him from time into eternity, I will see his again.

That is the Blessed Hope of Glory. Thank God for Eyes of Faith.

No comments: