Monday, February 16, 2009

A forehead like Flint

Last night (late) over pizza we considered this passage from Ezekiel 3

4 He then said to me: "Son of man, go now to the house of Israel and speak my words to them. 5 You are not being sent to a people of obscure speech and difficult language, but to the house of Israel- 6 not to many peoples of obscure speech and difficult language, whose words you cannot understand. Surely if I had sent you to them, they would have listened to you. 7 But the house of Israel is not willing to listen to you because they are not willing to listen to me, for the whole house of Israel is hardened and obstinate. 8 But I will make you as unyielding and hardened as they are. 9 I will make your forehead like the hardest stone, harder than flint. Do not be afraid of them or terrified by them, though they are a rebellious house."
The context is about Israel, but it fits our day and time. There is an obstinate people, in and out of the media, culture and church.

If we are to prophesy to this people, we must have a forehead like flint and never fear them. Criticism and bad news must not cause God's prophets to back down or back off.

I promise not to.

No comments: