Saturday, November 22, 2008

Why I NEED the Prophetic Word from Others

Steve Schultz answers an often asked question:

Q. Why do prophetic people seem to have a harder time hearing from God for themselves than they do for others?

A. Even as less-than-perfect Christians, it's easy to see why this, if you really think about it, is a good thing, rather than bad.

Why?

God made it that way so that we would HAVE to depend upon one another. I have personally prophesied to prophets who were at a level in their prophesying that I've only dreamed of.

Yes, in those few cases, my prophesying was accurate, even to the dates, cities and locations. But the humility of those prophets to receive revelation from a person (like me) was God's intent all along that it should work this way. It keeps the Church operating the way God designed it:

"Now the body is not made up of one part but of many. If the foot should say, 'Because I am not a hand, I do not belong to the body,' it would not for that reason cease to be part of the body. And if the ear should say, 'Because I am not an eye, I do not belong to the body,' it would not for that reason cease to be part of the body. If the whole body were an eye, where would the sense of hearing be? If the whole body were an ear, where would the sense of smell be? But in fact God has arranged the parts in the body, every one of them, just as he wanted them to be. If they were all one part, where would the body be?"
1 Corinthians 12:14-19

Sometimes, I'm an eye to a prophet and vice versa. Sometimes, I'm a mouth. Sometimes, I'm a foot. And so are we all—at any given time.

No comments: