Monday, November 10, 2008

Ahab's Prophet Problem

A few days ago, before the election, in a public meeting I shared what I believe the Lord was telling me. It wasn't smooth words.

This was happening with the Call going on in San Diego. This was happening while many in circles were certain that McCain would win the election. Pronouncements. Declarations. Positive affirmations.

I wasn't getting that. I wrote on it. It's below.

I would like to be a lap dog prophet and prophesy only good things. Then I would have to turn in my prophets mantle.

Much of the Church and much of the Country is not ready to hear the true prophetic word. They want smooth words.

To be certain, I always bend if possible toward making the prophetic encouraging. I always bend toward hope. But sometimes the word of the Lord before He offers Hope lets us know that there will be warfare. Even intermittent defeat.

It discourages me that Churches and Christians in those Churches are unprepared to receive the word of the Lord with Gladness, even when it's a word of preparation for battle or for what appears in the natural to be a defeat.

King Ahab had that problem. He had lots of Prophets around him who prophesied good news and encouraging things all the time. He didn't want to hear from the prophet of God, Micaiah. This can be read in 1 Kings 22.

His complaint? “There is still one man, Micaiah the son of Imlah, by whom we may inquire of the Lord; but I hate him, because he does not prophesy good concerning me, but evil.”

Now, Ahab had 400 prophets who told him what he wanted to hear. But he knew it was all pap.

So he inquires of Micaiah. Micaiah mocks his prophets: Then he came to the king; and the king said to him, “Micaiah, shall we go to war against Ramoth Gilead, or shall we refrain?” And he answered him, “Go and prosper, for the Lord will deliver it into the hand of the king!” So the king said to him, “How many times shall I make you swear that you tell me nothing but the truth in the name of the Lord?”

That was in agreement with the other 400. But King Ahab knew it was all prophetic pap. So then Micaiah gives him the prophetic truth. Then he said, “I saw all Israel scattered on the mountains, as sheep that have no shepherd. And the Lord said, ‘These have no master. Let each return to his house in peace.’“ And the king of Israel said to Jehoshaphat, “Did I not tell you he would not prophesy good concerning me, but evil?”

He said prophetically that King Ahab would die in battle.

He did.

That's what I experienced a few days ago. Prophetically saying what God says and being silenced because it didn't fit the mood of the moment.

That is spiritual immaturity. A prophet speaks and other prophets are supposed to judge what was said. That's what Micaiah did. He properly judged the invalid prophesies of the others.

What can make this difficult is the need for those in apostolic authority to have an answer that lines up with the desires they have. Kings and Apostles are on the same level in authority.

But, the apostles cannot act without a prophetic word to act upon. More and more I see this. The Prophet proclaims the destiny and purposes of God, God's vision of the situation, and the Apostle carries it out in execution. The Prophet sees the density, even the future and the Apostle is able to move into the future with his authority and bring the destiny into the Now.

Since you are reading this, you seem to be wanting this explanation. I'm offering it.

An example: The Prophet reveals that The Lord will provide a new facility. A new building. It is already done in the eternal purposes of God. The Prophet can't do anything about it. He can declare it. He can reveal it. But the Apostle must then take that proclamation and bring it into the NOW of the eternal over which he has authority as an apostle. He must then act in faith, not on the Prophet, but on the revealed word of God.

This is a difficult saying but is the truth of God.

Please, for this Prophet's sake and for GOD's Sake. GROW UP.

No comments: