Wednesday, November 12, 2008

False Prophets Embarrass the True

I will not name all names. But there are people who for some reason or another hold themselves up as prophetic when clearly they are not. In fact when they make pronouncements I always assume the truth of God to be the opposite from their pronouncements.

I said I will not name all names. But there is a good man who has done a great deal of good over the years who is now no longer hearing from God.

That man is Rev Pat Robertson. 700 Club. CBN.

He is consistently tragically wrong on nearly every supposed prophetic utterance he makes. I don't doubt his wisdom, his understanding, his expertise. He's just not a prophet.

He might have at one time heard from the throne. He no longer seems to.

That is sad. To have once heard the voice of God and have it go silent.

Sampson once walked in great anointing. He was powerful. He had great ability. Then the day came when without his knowledge his anointing left. He continued to try but failed.
And she said, "The Philistines are upon you, Samson!" And he awoke from his sleep, and said, "I will go out as at other times, and shake myself free." And he did not know that the LORD had left him. Judges 16:20

Pat tries but fails. The anointing has long left him.

If I could tell him the truth I would. He is an embarrassment to the true prophetic in the world today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We just did a whole issue on “prophets and prophecy”. I’d love to get your take on the different viewpoints put forth: http://voiceofrevolution.askdrbrown.org/2008/11/11/voice-of-revolution-looks-at-prophets-and-prophecy/

prophecyfire/ D. gansmann said...

"let the prophets judge" lets be careful here though...prophetic ediquette...is to approach your brother personally on the subject..the gifts of God are not revoked....if he has a true calling of a prophet it will remain
regardless...we know in part and prophesy in part...if we help each other and build up with suggestions and guidance we can flow much better in the Holy Spirit...I think we should still be careful here...especially if he is Gods anointed...there are some tv evangelists that get on my nerves sometimes so I can relate...