I have nothing against churches doing mercy work in the community, feeding the poor, clothing the hungry, visiting the imprisoned... as long at they are doing it FIRST to and FOR those in the fellowship of believers. The world does this pretty well. Some under the guise of quasi christian outreach. Some that is purely government. Professional mercy providers. Counseling, Parole, WIC, SNAP, welfare, psychiatry, medicine, education and a hundred government programs who have used your taxes (should have been tithe money) to support those who present themselves as needy.
What then can and should the church be doing that the world (government) cannot or will not do??
The Church's Unique Factor is:
- Offer eternal forgiveness of all sin by Jesus to the world
- Offer a Holy Ghost given destiny by Prophecy
- Tap into the Children's Bread to provide supernatural healing
- Using the Power of God in delivering a person from demonic oppression
- Give hope in the eternal purposes of GOD for people's LIVES
- Save, rescue and restore broken families on the verge of destruction by supernatural means
- Provide instruction in righteousness for Children who might otherwise be lost and worse
- Offer the wisdom of GOD for a person who lacks a word in due season
- Give them insight into the Father's heart for them in his revelation of care for them
- Standing with someone in FAITH in the Creator of all the Universe for HIS WILL for them
- Release of the Miraculous for people who desperately need a miracle
- Help people discern deception when it comes... even from those they trust
- Help people see heaven touching earth and what happens... so they say, "What does this mean?"
- Providing an atmosphere that allows God to manifest over the efforts of any man.
- Hope in a better tomorrow (no end time foolishness) and being ready to take part (Discipling)
In considering this list (and there can be much more) I have left out LOVE. Not that it's not important, but the Love of God must be manifested in all these or it's not real and no better than the world. OUR love will never save anyone. God's Love saves alone. We cannot love people into the Kingdom of God. Most of this list NEVER happens in the church service. It's why we would not be missed if our "Club" no longer met.
IF anyone wants to access any of what GOD has appointed the Church to provide, they must get it there, the world cannot and will not provide what God commissioned the Church to be and do.