Wednesday, March 20, 2013

A great answer to a hungry heart

 A seeker asks:

Did jesus ever say that he loves us?

Id like to believe he did, only because every christian claims to KNOW and be firm on the fact that jesus loves us unconditionally....but is there even one time that jesus himself says "i love you." ??? This is really bothering me.. I just feel like so many ppl try to shove that down your throat when ur having a hard time, but i dont feel love from him anymore. And the fact that i cant open up my bible and read jesus telling me himself that he loves me just doesnt cut it.  RACHEL



Rachel,

Jesus' actions show that he truly loves us. He suffered and died on the cross because of his love for us.
Please find below some verses as per your request: "A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another" John 13:34
"Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him." John 14:21
"As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love." John 15:9
"But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." Rom 5:8

I have come to the conclusion that Jesus Christ (as presented in the Bible) is the clearest revelation & manifestation of the One True God. This conviction arises out of a combination of intellectual & scientific evidence in addition to experiential evidence (prayers answered; peace; presence of God etc) and mystical experience. Jesus is God in human form. Jesus is not a created being; Jesus always existed as God -- but, he voluntarily took an ‘inferior’ form, the form of a man, to effect our salvation. He provides us:
• a way out of darkness
• satisfaction, an end to our inner thirst
• direction in life
• payment for our sin
• abundant life
• forgiveness of sin
• eternal life
For evidence for the historicity and truth of Jesus Christ, and for articles dealing with his Deity, see http://www.godandscience.info/gs/chri/je…

And to commit your life to Christ ...
• Human beings are created with a "God-shaped vacuum" in our hearts/ minds/ souls -- and religions attempt to fill this vacuum. We are designed to be fulfilled when living in relationship with God.
• All of us have fallen short of the beauty-of-character that God wants for his children. (Romans 3:23). Because of sin we are separated from God. (Romans 6:23)
• God loves you so much that Jesus Christ died on the cross to pay for your sins. If you commit your life to Christ based on this, you can be in relationship with God today, and in the life to come... (John 3:16)
• God invites you to join his family. Will you open the door (of your heart) and invite Jesus in? (Revelation 3:20)
• I was given this invitation. I responded, and as I investigated the evidence, I gradually came to intellectual (and experiential) certainty of God's existence. I ended up committing my life to Christ (based on his death on the cross, for me), and I walk now in relationship with the God of the Universe.
• I invite you to do the same.
See: http://www.godandscience.info/gs/new/ess…

Remember you now have a friend who sticks closer than a brother. ( Prov 18:24) and that is Jesus Christ. Jesus is the best and most faithful friend you could have. He loves you more than you can ever imagine. In John 6:37 he says, “Whoever comes to me I will never drive away.” I Pet 5:7 says, “Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.” He provides us: a way out of darkness,satisfaction, an end to our inner thirst,direction in life,payment for our sin,abundant life,forgiveness of sin,eternal life

He can provide you peace of mind. In Phil 4:6-8 he says, “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things” This has helped me in the past. When feelings of rejection come to me, I repeat Philippians 4:6-7 (which is God's promise of Peace through Jesus Christ), and the Lord's prayer while focusing my mind on God.These help me to come back to the assurance of a loving parent child relationship with God.

Finally, commit all things in your life to God in prayer. Jesus prayed often. If He thought of prayer as important, how can we (who need so much more help than He did) afford to think of prayer as any less important? Mark 1:35, Luke 5:16, 6:12. When we pray, we have the peace of knowing that we have committed our problems to a trustworthy God and Father. Philippians 4:4-7.
For assurance that you are a Christian see:http://godandscience.info/gs/chri/bible/…

Cordially,
Rachael

No comments: