Monday, February 28, 2011

I heard the Lord ask me.. Are you thankful for the shower?

Yesterday as I stood in the shower I heard the Lord say...

Are you thankful for this hot shower?
You have to know, I didn't always have a shower. In years past we didn't enjoy that luxury. Nor an indoor toilet. I said yes Lord, I am thankful for this shower, cold or hot. It's wonderful.

Then he asked:
  • Are you thankful for heat in your home....
  • Are you thankful for having clothes to wear
  • Are you thankful for food to eat
  • Are you thankful for staying dry in the rain
  • Are you thankful for safety from riot
  • Are you thankful for easy transportation...auto, bus, air, rail

The thing that makes this poignant for me, I wonder if the reason he asked me .... is I should be thankful for today...tomorrow is uncertain.

I am thankful...I take nothing of comfort for granted. Neither should any of us....

Tomorrow it might not be there.

No comments: