Wednesday, May 20, 2009

A word of prophetic humility worth considering

Dan Korakus writes regarding the sharing of prophetic insights and how humbling it all is. I say AMEN.

Being able to express oneself freely without the fear of persecution is a freedom that many throughout history have not been afforded. Likewise, being a part of a forum like this is a privilege of incredible responsibility in that we affect each other as brothers and sisters in Christ...Whether we realize it or not. My take is to steward well what we have today...For by tomorrow, it may be gone.

Whether we post or reply to posts - we sow elements of eternal value (both good and not so good) into the atmosphere and dynamic others. It also provides a point of engagement that brings one to face truth and the issues that may be present in our lives. There is a reason for all things in the life of a believer. Everything must pass by the Lord before it reaches us as His children. The hard part is maturing in humility to find those elements of truth that another has posted that may apply to our lives.

Many "prophetic" folks today are walking in great "information." I have listened to many people say: "What awesome revelation that was." However, it is only information until it is "revealed" in our personal lives. Accordingly, this is why the modern prophetic revival has had such a limited impact upon the world. Many prophets are proclaiming wonderful information and not what is truly revealed (revelation) in their lives. For this is truth: We can only give what we truly have...This is the anointing!

With that said, I desire to embrace the words that I post and embrace the breaking process in my life at this season. I know that once I truly possess and reveal brokenness in my life -- Then literally all things will be possible and the hand of God will anoint me for such a time as this.

1 comment:

Heart n Hands Inc. said...

"Today's revelation is tomorrow's examination." How often have we heard that? I had an opportunity to experience this recently in regards to a post of my own! Not so sure how well I passed that examination... but we are on the other side of that now, thank God.

Some spout, some pout, some shout. But is God in it? I want the real!

Oh Lord fill my mouth with worthwhile stuff, and nudge me when I've said enough!

1Ki 19:11 And he said, Go forth, and stand upon the mount before the LORD. And, behold, the LORD passed by, and a great and strong wind rent the mountains, and brake in pieces the rocks before the LORD; but the LORD was not in the wind: and after the wind an earthquake; but the LORD was not in the earthquake:
1Ki 19:12 And after the earthquake a fire; but the LORD was not in the fire: and after the fire a still small voice.

Teach me Lord to wait. Wait for that still small voice.Wait for that voice that is speaking only to me at that very instance. Make me to hear the voice of my beloved! Help me tune al else out, for I only want to hear YOU.