Saturday, May 30, 2009

Stepping out your Ministry Calling is dangerous

I appreciate those gifted by God in a ministry and move in that gift. I recently was in a service with a gifted man of God who flows in the gift of worship in the church. He has a heart for worship. It's marvelous.

Then he tried to preach.

It's not his gift. Because of his reputation people came out. But it was all entertainment, no revelation, no new wine. He has stepped out of his anointing into an area where he is not ready to minister.

I give him grace. I will offer time for him to develop. He's a young man. Great potential in God.

As I sat under his ministry for one long night, then I heard the Spirit of God say:

Your calling is your anchor. If you walk where I have called you, you will not drift. I will protect you. If you step into areas without my anointing and calling you will be vulnerable to sin. Saul stepped into the role of a Priest and offered sacrifice and it cost him everything. Be all the more eager to make your calling and election sure. For if you do these things, you will never fall.


Then in hearing this I was struck with a sense that this young man was on the verge of falling, in sin. He exposed himself by stepping out of his calling. I wish I didn't know this. This is a burden of the Prophetic. I will try to warn. Even if it's rebuffed. My calling is sure. His is not.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe it sounds simplistic but he who steps out without the Lord is disobedient and has gone out on his own. It is so common these days that obedience is rare indeed.