Monday, January 5, 2009

What the Spirit of Jezebel will DO

1 Kings 18

Obadiah Meets Elijah

1Now it happened after many days that the word of the LORD came to Elijah in the third year, saying, "Go, show yourself to Ahab, and I will send rain on the face of the earth."
God will send a prophet to show the way out of trouble... but there is a catch.
2So Elijah went to show himself to Ahab. Now the famine was severe in Samaria.

3Ahab called Obadiah who was over the household (Now Obadiah feared the LORD greatly);
There are many who are protected when there is famine in the land...
4for when Jezebel destroyed the prophets of the LORD, Obadiah took a hundred prophets and hid them by fifties in a cave, and provided them with bread and water.)
Distorting true worship and shutting up the prophets is what the demon Jezebel always does.
5Then Ahab said to Obadiah, "Go through the land to all the springs of water and to all the valleys; perhaps we will find grass and keep the horses and mules alive, and not have to kill some of the cattle."

6So they divided the land between them to survey it; Ahab went one way by himself and Obadiah went another way by himself.

7Now as Obadiah was on the way, behold, Elijah met him, and he recognized him and fell on his face and said, "Is this you, Elijah my master?"
The Prophet is recognized by those with eyes to see and ears to hear.
8He said to him, "It is I. Go, say to your master, 'Behold, Elijah is here.'"
A demand is put on those who see and hear the Prophetic
9He said, "What sin have I committed, that you are giving your servant into the hand of Ahab to put me to death?

10"As the LORD your God lives, there is no nation or kingdom where my master has not sent to search for you; and when they said, 'He is not here,' he made the kingdom or nation swear that they could not find you.

11"And now you are saying, 'Go, say to your master, "Behold, Elijah is here."'

12"It will come about when I leave you that the Spirit of the LORD will carry you where I do not know; so when I come and tell Ahab and he cannot find you, he will kill me, although I your servant have feared the LORD from my youth.

13"Has it not been told to my master what I did when Jezebel killed the prophets of the LORD, that I hid a hundred prophets of the LORD by fifties in a cave, and provided them with bread and water?

14"And now you are saying, 'Go, say to your master, "Behold, Elijah is here"'; he will then kill me."
Fear even for the righteous is always a restrainer of the call of God on their lives
15Elijah said, "As the LORD of hosts lives, before whom I stand, I will surely show myself to him today."

16So Obadiah went to meet Ahab and told him; and Ahab went to meet Elijah.
Obadiah was not Killed... Fear was all that died that day.
17When Ahab saw Elijah, Ahab said to him, "Is this you, you troubler of Israel?"
Prophets are always looked upon as trouble because they bring pressure for true worship of the true God. Anything else that tries to reign is seen as trouble making by the spirit demon of Jezebel.
18He said, "I have not troubled Israel, but you and your father's house have, because you have forsaken the commandments of the LORD and you have followed the Baals.

The Baals are alive and well in churches around the world today. It is estimated that there are some 400,000 congregations big and small around the world. In my estimation by the spirit it is a minority that have successfully torn down the altar to Baal in the congregation. It's time for fire from heaven to burn up the true sacrifice and humiliate the Jezebel demon. She's everywhere. There is only one cure for Jezebel, to cast her out, to throw her down and to let the dogs consume her. This is not about a person, this is about the demon. She cannot be allowed to abide or be tolerated at any level.

No comments: