Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The Destiny Changing Power of the Prophetic Word

It was 1989. We were in a small upstairs apartment in a little town in Germany. Our friends who we had met while itinerating in the USA had begun a magazine to distribute to women in Europe.

We had gone to visit them. We really love them. While sitting in that tiny apartment the conversation drifted off to the effectiveness of the magazine, the finances, the lack of distribution and the level of discouragement they were feeling right then.

They had other ministry opportunities. If they quit the magazine it wouldn't be the end of the world. They would be still working as missionaries to this day. The magazine had become a burden they didn't know if they could or should continue to carry.

While sitting there, listening, a holy boldness came on me. I began to prophesy. I remember it well. I won't rehearse it here. At the time they were sending out a few thousand magazines. And money wasn't coming.

After some time, praying and prophecy broke the back of discouragement. We might not have been the only ones. But from that time, with a new found confidence in the purposes of God and with a great deal of hard work today Lydia Magazine is a premier publication thru all of Europe written in several languages. The readership is huge.

That day in 1989 was one of the early times when I became aware of the power of the prophetic to release destinies in ministry.

I hope till the day I die that God will continue to use me in that way.

So, when I am questioned, when concerns are raised, when people wonder why I would prophesy in certain places where it's not always welcomed, why I continue to push for the goodness of God's best for people and Churches even when they apparently don't seem to want it, I have seen the promised land. I have seen what a word of prophecy will do in releasing destiny, I have seen the back of discouragement broken, I have seen release thru the prophetic word. And I have seen it when God has chosen to use me to break the devil's back.

Now, I ask you, if you knew God had invested in YOU that Gift, the Ministry of the Prophet, The Office, would you pipe down, stay silent, be quiet, don't rattle cages, don't disturb people, don't try to change things???

Would you?

If you had seen what I have seen, even in the last year, would you sit quietly by and watch ministry and ministers flounder without hope alone in the world? Or would you speak the word and watch God open the heavens?

When God has invested in you words to bring? Would you conform or confirm the word of the Lord?

You would be like Jeremiah, and if you are prophetic you would be as I am:
And if I say, I will not keep him in mind, I will not say another word in his name; then it is in my heart like a burning fire shut up in my bones, and I am tired of keeping myself in, I am not able to do it. Jeremiah 20:9
So I would say to the Prophets, PROPHESY in the name of the Lord of Hosts.

Let's change the destiny of our land. According to George Barna it's headed for HELL!

Paul said to the Romans in 10:8-10

8 In fact, it says,

“The message is very close at hand;
it is on your lips and in your heart.”[a]

And that message is the very message about faith that we preach: 9 If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by confessing with your mouth that you are saved. NLT

That's MORE than about just getting to HEAVEN. Saved means delivered, preserved and many other things.

For what? To make sure the Pew stays warm?

No -- FOR DESTINY!

Find it -- Fulfill it

No comments: