Monday, September 21, 2009

A Warning to Prophets, and ME

This weekend in ONE of the meetings in which I was involved, the last, one of the most famous national prophets with an international ministry was speaking. The house was packed out. This was the conclusion of a very successful conference. Much hoopla.

The prophet got up, prophesied over a few people and it was precious. Then the Prophet began to preach. Some prophets shouldn't preach. I had been in this prophet's meetings before, and this was typical of this prophets approach. Harsh, loud, noisy and without any touch of the anointing on the prophet's words.

This prophet is on TV and I haven't been able to watch. It grates on my spirit and the Holy Spirit in me bears NO WITNESS.

A year ago I communicated with this prophet and an associate over a gross error I had seen. I was of course told I didn't understand. Maybe. I'll trust what God told me. Not them.

I don't question the gift this prophet carries. It's being a prophet. Not a teacher. Not a preacher. Not an Evangelist. Not an Apostle.

If this prophet would stick to being a prophet to the nation the prophet's effectiveness would be much enhanced and blessed.

I'm not calling out names. This is not the forum. But, I won't be going to this prophet's meetings again. I know the sound of the voice of God. When the prophet was prophesying the sound was clear. When the prophet moved out of the anointing of the call on the prophet's life, the prophet became a clanging cymbal, noise, clatter.

More than ANYTHING it was a warning to ME, NOT to flow in channels in which I'm not anointed to flow.

And to do what God has called me to do, IN LOVE!

No comments: