Saturday, September 26, 2009

Being Separate Means Separation

I have of late discovered that Leaven is dangerous. A little can cause a great deal of problems.

Beware, Jesus said.

I guess I thought I was better at this than the Disciples who walked with Jesus. I could handle it.

NOPE.

I need to become more peculiar than I have been.

“But ye are a chosen generation,a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvelous light ” (1 Peter 2:9,


I had begun to fit in too well. Who was conforming to Whom??

Romans 12:2 (Amplified Bible)

2Do not be conformed to this world (this age), [fashioned after and adapted to its external, superficial customs], but be transformed (changed) by the [entire] renewal of your mind [by its new ideals and its new attitude], so that you may prove [for yourselves] what is the good and acceptable and perfect will of God, even the thing which is good and acceptable and perfect [in His sight for you].


The occasional spiritual dope slap is essential. Thank you Jesus.

No comments: