Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Our Words Matter - Faith or Not

Yesterday a good friend called me. He asked me how much faith did it take to do what I wrote about regarding fridges and cars. I said I didn't think it was as much faith as understanding the creative and restorative power of our words as believers.

I'll be honest. Sometimes I'm not all that Faith Filled. Sometimes I act in Faith without being full of faith. That's what faith does. Act as if.

I have come to know that in fact we are going to have to walk by and in faith for the foreseeable future. What we say counts.

Even if we don't at first believe, we must speak it. That's what walking not according to the flesh is all about.

Have Faith and you will receive is less important than Speaking those things that are not as if they already were.

I am NOT a name it and claim it preacher. And I am. I know this. If I have faith for my dog to come in the house but never call for him he is less likely to come in. I named what I wanted and when I spoke it (Here Doggy) it happened. Named and claimed.

Call things into being. Even if you don't have Faith. When God responds, and he will, you will be more ready next time to call it into being.

Not by might, not by power but by MY SPIRIT says the Lord. If you have the Spirit of God living in you, the Faith to SAY to that mountain Move, It will be there.

No comments: