Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Where Do You Go For Counsel? The Counsel of the Lord?

Psalm 32:8 – I will instruct you and teach you in the way
you should go; I will counsel you with my eye upon you.

Psalm 33:10-11 – My Lord brings the counsel of the nations
to naught; He makes the thoughts and plans of the
people of no effect. The counsel of the Lord stands forever
(it’s unchangeable; it works; it is THE answer), the
thought of His heart though all generations.

Hebrews 6:17 – The Lord’s counsel is immutable and unchangeable.

Proverbs 19:21 – There are many plans in a man’s heart,
nevertheless, the Lords counsel – that will stand.

Isaiah 46:10 – My counsel shall stand and I will do all my
pleasure and purpose.

Psalm 16:7, 11 – I will bless the Lord who has given me
counsel; yes, my heart instructs me in the night season.
You will show me the path of life (fullness of joy, pleasures
forevermore).

Proverbs 3:32 – For the perverse person is an abomination
to the Lord, but His secret counsel is with the upright.

Psalm 25:14 – The secret of the Lord have they who fear
Him, and He will show them His covenant and reveal to
them its (deep, inner) meaning.

Jeremiah 23:18 – For who has stood in the counsel of the
Lord, and has perceived and heard His Word? Who has
given heed to His word and listened? V. 22 – But if they
had stood in my counsel and had caused My people to
hear My words, then they would have turned them from
their evil way and from the evil of their doings.

Job 12:13 – Only with God are wisdom and might; He
alone has counsel and understanding.

Psalm 73:24 – You will guide me with Your counsel and
afterward receive me to honor and glory.

Psalm 73:24, 28 – You will guide me with your counsel…
it is good for me to draw near to God; I have put my trust
in the Lord God and made Him my refuge…

Proverbs 20:5 – Counsel in the heart of man is like deep
water, but a man of understanding will draw it out.

Isaiah 11:2 – The Spirit of the Lord is the Spirit of wisdom
and understanding, the Spirit of counsel and might, the
Spirit of knowledge and the fear of the Lord.

Isaiah 28:29 – The Lord is wonderful in counsel and excellent in guidance.

Jeremiah 32:19 – You are great in counsel and mighty in
work, for your eyes are open to all the ways of the sons
of men…

It is the Lord who has the true counsel for your life. He is the one who has “the” answers to all of your problems and questions. His truth is what will set you free. Why would you go to the world around you for counsel when the Counselor lives right within your heart and has promised to give wisdom to those who ask in faith?

Don’t Neglect to Hear and Heed His Counsel

Psalm 1:1-2 – Blessed is the man who works and lives
not in the counsel of the ungodly… But his delight and
desire are in the Word.

Isaiah 30:1-2 – Woe to the rebellious children who take
counsel and carry out a plan, but not Mine, and who
make a league, but not of my Spirit… who set out to go…
and have not asked Me… V. 7 – For Egypt’s help is
worthless and toward no purpose. V. 9 – For this is a rebellious people… who will not hear the law and instruction of the Lord. V. 15-18 – He is waiting for you to come
to Him and listen and do it His way so He can be gracious
to you and bless you.

Isaiah 31:1-3 - Woe to those who go down to Egypt for
help, who rely on horses and trust in chariots because
they are many and in horsemen because they are very
strong, but they look not to the Holy One of Israel, nor
seek and consult the Lord! And yet He is wise and brings
calamity and does not retract His words; He will arise
against the house (the whole race) of evildoers and
against the helpers of those who work iniquity. Now the
Egyptians are men and not God, and their horses are
flesh and not spirit; and when the Lord stretches out His
hand, both [Egypt] who helps will stumble, and [Judah]
who is helped will fall, and they will all perish and be consumed together.

Psalm 106:13 – They soon forget His works; they did not
wait for His counsel…

Psalm 107:10-12 - Some sat in darkness and in the
shadow of death, being bound in affliction and in irons
because they had rebelled against the words of God and
spurned the counsel of the Most High. Therefore He
bowed down their hearts with hard labor; they stumbled
and fell down, and there was none to help.

Proverbs 1:25-33 – And you treated as nothing all my
counsel and would accept none of my reproof… Therefore
you will eat the fruit of your own way and be satiated
with your own devices

Joshua 9:14-15 – So the men of Israel took some of their
food and did not consult (ask counsel of) the Lord. So
Joshua made peace with them, and made a covenant
with them to let them live…

God expects us to come to Him in our times of trouble and wait for His counsel and act on it.

Isaiah 48:16-18 - He is the One who will teach us to profit
and lead us in the way we should go. If we hearken, we
will have peace and prosperity like a flowing river and
righteousness like the waves of the sea.

Psalm 62:1, 5 – For God alone my soul waits in silence;
from Him comes my salvation…My soul wait only upon
God and silently submit to Him; for my hope and expectation are from Him.

2 comments:

PeaceLady said...

Thank you

a joyful noise said...

May we all share the Scriptures where the true prophet shines forth. I like the many scriptures you have shared here. God's word is bold and instructive.