The prophet is a very significant gift that must not be muzzled in the House of God. Deut. 25:4 Thou shalt not muzzle the ox when he treadeth out the corn. This is a very important principle. The ox is a workman. The oxen would be yoked together, and as they would begin to tread upon the threshing floor, they would get hungry, so they were free to eat from the ground they were treading upon. Some people would get greedy and muzzle the ox so that the ox could not enjoy any of the corn, and their harvest would be more plentiful. This would make the ox tired by reason of his hunger, which would result in a slower, weaker ox that would have to work twice as hard and twice the time to do the job. Prophets must be honored. prophets must not be muzzled in the House of God. Prophets, you must speak.
There are certain atmospheres that cultivate prophets. The atmosphere of faith activates gifts and releases a surge of power to prophesy. Romans 12:6 says that we prophesy according to the proportion of our faith. So as we create an atmosphere of corporate faith, prophets begin to grow in the house. Where there are no prophets the heavens are usually stale and brass. Now as prophets begin to arise in the Earth, there must be fields for them to feed from. Every ministry gifts has a particular diet. These diets are determine by the journey before them. Diets determine Destiny. So prophets must feed on a certain caliber of food.
1Kings 17:3 Get thee hence, and turn thee eastward, and hide thyself by the brook Cherith, that is before Jordan.
1Kings 17:4 And it shall be, that thou shalt drink of the brook; and I have commanded the ravens to feed thee there.
1Kings 17:5 So he went and did according unto the word of the LORD: for he went and dwelt by the brook Cherith, that is before Jordan.
1Kings 17:6 And the ravens brought him bread and flesh in the morning, and bread and flesh in the evening; and he drank of the brook.
1Kings 17:7 And it came to pass after a while, that the brook dried up, because there had been no rain in the land.
Elijah commanded that the Heavens would shut up and yield no rain. He had prophetic power to make the Heavens barren, to close the womb of the Heavens for 3 years. Now when he commanded the Heavens to yield no rain, the Lord told him to go east. East is the direction of prophets. East is the place of revelation. The sun rises in the East. This represents the dawning of a new day, an allotment of light and revelation. So Elijah goes to the east. As prophetic people, we must dwell in the East. This is where Adam lived. The scripture says that God planted a Garden eastward in Eden, and it is there that he placed the man (Gen 2:7-8). Now when Elijah goes to the east, he hides by the brook and God commands the raven to feed him. Now ravens are birds. They are fowls of the air, they are symbols of high level revelation. The ravens brought him bread and flesh in the morning and the evening. The morning are new days, the beginning of new eras and the nights are times of rest and ending. This is transition. Prophets must be fed during times of transition. When the old testament was transitioning into the new, John was eating locust and wild honey. Prophets must eat, and there diet must be prepared to give them strength. Daniel couldn’t eat what everyone else was eating, he had a specific diet. Now 1 Kings 17:6 says that he drank from the brook. A brook is a small fresh water stream of water with a distinct current. There are currents in the Earth (called trends) and currents in the Heavens (tunnels of revelation that when accessed are used to move us quickly into areas of knowledge and action.. but thats a different subject). Now Elijah literally, with a combination of no rain and a dry climate, drinks this brook dry. This is the appetite of the prophet.
Prophets have a king’s appetite for revelation. The only way that prophets can be powerful is if there is a consistent stream of revelation released in the House. We must as apostles make sure that we are nurturing the prophetic dimension in our people. This is not just for prophets. Remember that every ministry has a particular diet. And as you release that meat it nurtures that particular grace in the life of your congregation. Prophets many times find themselves in Houses that can not adequately feed them because of a traditional paradigm on anointings and giftings. This must change. So how do you feed prophets?
- Activate the engine of intercessory prayer. This must not be an option for the prophets in your house. Prophets should lead intercession and mentor the watchmen of the House. They should create a shield of prayer that is void of gossip and witchcraft. Prophets should not seek to steer a church by what is revealed during prayer. They are the executive cabinet of the House, and should be used to brief the set man on what is happening in the region. At our church in Atlanta, we want to have weekly prophetic briefings. We will do this by phone or by email.
- Prophets should operate in companies. 1 Cor. 14:31 says let the prophets prophesy one by one. This creates an atmosphere of sobriety and accountability. When prophets operate in companies, they can feed off each other. This establishes a system of cross-pollination and their well of prophetic power will never run dry. Deep will call to deep.
- Raising strong minstrels must be a priority of our House. The deeper we go into the intimate quarters of our God, the stronger our prophets become. 2 Kings 3:15 says now bring me a minstrel.. When the minstrel plays it activates the hand of the Lord. And the hand of the Lord always goes after prophets. The praise and worship dimension of our houses must be deep wells of intimacy. We must utilize prophets during praise and worship. There must be prophetic dancers. This feeds prophets.. it energizes them. When the Song of the Lord is released constantly in the House it becomes a brook for them to drink from.
- The meat that is set at the table must be quality. When dealing with steak, steak can be either dry aged or wet aged. Usually apostles and prophets prefer their meat wet aged because it retains some of the blood. Lions and eagles love blood. But the word that is released on a weekly basis must not be milk. It must be meat. It must be able to fill the bellies of our people and remain in their system for days at a time. When the meal is heavy it puts our people to sleep. This is the sleep of Adam, of Abraham, and of Jacob. During times of prophetic hibernation is when God begins to release dreams. Dreams become the gateway for new ideas and inventions to be grabbed.
- The last thing we will deal with here is prophetic tracks. Now remember that this is just a small portion of the prophet’s diet. Each individual will have specialize dietary requirements depending on their journey and their appetite. A prophetic track is likened to a school of the prophets. These are tracks to determine the maturation process in a local house. It is curriculum based and should be establish by levels. Meaning that beginning prophets should be introduced to basic prophetic ministry, and elder prophets need deeper study. These curriculums should continue to evolve as the knowledge of the prophetic grows in the House.
These are just some of the ways that you can feed the prophets in your House. I believe that this is a must and is not negotiable if we want to see Houses arise as forces in our cities. The prophetic ministry is not the only ministry that should be emphasized in a House, this is just the subject that we are dealing with at this particular time. If you have a desire to be cultivated as a prophet, or mentored.. or maybe you just need help cultivating your gift. It would be my pleasure to help you in that area. If you are interested in prophetic tracks, mentorship or in need of a father email me at email@example.com thank you for reading, be blessed.