Saturday, March 26, 2011

A view of the end times I hold to but don't want to argue about

IF you have been a reader of the Prophet Gene Blog for a while you will note that I don't spend much time on end times stuff. It's all opinion, and badly created opinion as well. There is so much vain speculation that people are confused.

Yet, this video speaks to a view I hold that Islam is the/A Beast of Revelation. It doesn't mean the world will end, it doesn't mean there won't be another. These things are deep cycle. They happend before, they will happen again. If you lived in the year 500, 1000, 1500 or 1900 you would have various ideas of who the Beast is or was. Yet, we need to be aware of what is going on. I posted this and got heat from some on it. Bluntly, it's not that big a deal to me. It doesn't form my life. Watch this and consider what revelation you will get from it.

I don't like to argue Eschatology, It's such an emotional issue. Frankly, I'm not confident any of us really get it at all. Those who think they do are deceived. I have seen enough scripture contorted to teach error that I must rely on what the Revelation of the Word of God shows me. You don't have to agree. It's OK. Right now there is a guy on radio who is absolutely certain that the rapture will take place on May 21. He will beat you to death with Bible Bullets if you don't agree. He will PROVE beyond any reasonable doubt the absolute truth of his claim. Of course he's wrong. I get that. BUT he would beat any of us to a pulp who have another opinion.

If what you know is intellectual and logical it is wrong. If what you know is Revelation based on information gleaned, it has a chance of being right. Too much end times teaching is vain speculation based on intellect and not on revelation.

So, be careful what you buy into and work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

That is a command from Jesus. I think we need to be less sheeple and more Berean in our approach to what people say from a pulpit or in a book. I heard a good man preach last night. He made some claims that didn't sound true. I looked them up. They weren't. Yet, i didn't discount everything he said. I WAS ministered to. I DID benefit. I do appreciate his ministry in spite of his evident error.

I hope that helps. It's OK to have an opinion, but that's all it is. There are certain things that are not Opinion, they are absolutes, Jesus is LORD is a good start.

Be careful what battles you engage in. Some aren't worth fighting. End times is one.

3 comments:

Fallout said...

I'm with you Gene in that no one absolutely knows how it will all shake out. As I have stated b4, when a minister or teacher of the Bible expresses only one opinion without revealing that there are other ideas on controversial issues, they are being dishonest to their congregation. You stated, “ I posted this and got heat from some on it....” I really have a hard time relating to such people.

I thought that this video was thought provoking and well thought out. The video could be right but I see another possibility regarding the feet in Nebuchadnezzar's dream. Let me throw this out. I think that Satan will literally be thrown out of heaven with his some of his friends who will setup the final kingdom mixing with the human leadership of other nations. That is why you have the iron (the supernatural) mixed with clay (human) forming the one world government. Satan will deceive his way into the headship of the world.

The deadly wound could be the first attempt to form a one world government that suddenly begins to fail when the A-C, with his deceiving wonders and lies (Satan himself, not just possessing a man) will revive it to health.
------------------------
Gen 25:23 And the LORD said unto her, Two nations are in thy womb, and two manner of people shall be separated from thy bowels; and the one people shall be stronger than the other people; and the elder shall serve the younger.

This nation was created by God for a purpose.

Ron McK said...

Wow. This could become an enormous blind spot, if you are wrong.

prophecyfire/ D. gansmann said...

perry stone said "well lets just wait and see what unfolds" getting back focused on the word is more important than focusing on all these endtime predictions,,,somemay be true or not...