Sunday, March 9, 2014

Words and Pictures

I was part of the Impact Round Table Thurs - Saturday this last week.   The topic was the prophetic.  I was shocked by the large number of people who attended. I have attended a couple other such events but usually the group was much smaller.  I wondered why the interest.  Since this is normative for me, I couldn't grasp why the Prophetic was of such interest.

It turns out, many people have fuzzy ideas in this area.

One of which that was discussed was the differences between those who get prophetic downloads by pictures (Seers) and those who get words (Prophetic words).   I am the former.  I most often see things.  I am a visual person and in that regard normally see things. 

I can get a word, but when I do it's more than one.

I honor and respect those who launch from a single word.  It's just now how I flow.

Yet, I want to understand it all.  It is said that a picture is worth a thousand words.  There are some things that can only be understood by imagery.  Much of the Bible is image based.  We are painted a word picture and that is what we are to interpret.  Even words given will require interpretation.

Consider the image Daniel saw... of kingdoms rising and falling.  The image drove the word.

Some things are better seen than heard.  I am thankful for the seeing. 

No comments: