Saturday, May 5, 2012

Robert Ricciardelli: I Only Know What I Know!

It is humbling to realize how limited my understanding really is at any given moment in time. The more I come to know, the more I realize how much I have yet to know. I have realized "I know what I know, I know what I don't know, but I don't know what I do not know." Okay, now that is a mouthful, so let me break it down.

I know what I know:
• I know that there is only one God.
• I know that the sun rises and sets each day.
• I know that because of gravity, I always come down, no matter how high I jump.

I know what I don't know:
• I don't know how to love the way Father does (it blows my mind), but He is teaching me!
• I don't know how many stars there are.
• I don't know how to golf and score in the 70's (unless it is 9 holes).

I don't know what I do not know – what has yet to be revealed:

The Unfolding of God's Mysteries

There are things that have yet to be revealed to me or I have yet to see, and some will remain a mystery in this life. I am really okay with this, and God does remind us, "For My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways My ways" (Isaiah 55:8). There are mysteries and many things that do not yet exist in my conscience mind. To be aware of this matters as it allows us to broaden our worldview, as well as not become stuck and limited in what we know at this time. We will be more careful in how we perceive God, ourselves, and the world around us.

I look back on the last few years and how I have let go of some paradigms that I had embraced most my life. Some of them I have realized as not true, and some of them have just become not important to the priorities of the agape life in Christ. Some of those beliefs that I held onto tightly because they were backed by history, dogma, or traditions, are no longer true for me. The possibilities of God and His mercy have become so much bigger in my life and in my thoughts. I did not know what I did not know, until it became revelation through the grace of God.

I also know that as I walk with God in life going forward, He will unfold the mysteries, knowledge and wisdom that I need to know along the way. He will renew my mind, shift what I think I know, and my mind will continue to be formed into His mind.

By the grace of God we have the absolute truth of many things because they have been revealed to us. We also may be carrying with us beliefs that may not at all be true or important. How many people out there are convinced there is no God because they embraced it as their truth? The Scriptures of God are filled with absolute truth, and yet unless the Holy Spirit makes it revelation, it can become twisted and interpreted away from the truth and priorities of God.

In the movie the Matrix, Neo had a choice to take a red pill or a blue pill. Choosing the red pill signifies that you have chosen to be exposed to unfolding truths of the universe regardless of the pain and suffering that comes in the pursuit of it. The blue pill represents life and truth as it is currently perceived, and living comfortably deceived. You do not face many challenges by taking the blue pill, but in the end, you live partial existence, to truth, with little ability to affect change. The enemies of God always wants us to take the blue pill, which numbs our senses and keeps us bound from hearing or living abundantly in the truths of the Divine. So as Kingdom dwellers, we must choose the red pill of God's unfolding mysteries.

When we understand the process of constant learning and growth in the journey, then we can never really judge others who have less revelation because we are limited ourselves and because we can learn from them, and we are all growing in wisdom and stature before God and each other. We can accept and learn from those that think, worship, interpret, or live differently than we do. The absolutes become our unity, our harmony. If Christ is an absolute truth (and He is), then guess what? In John 17:22, Christ prayed to the Father that we would be one in Him.

When we seek to understand rather than demand to be understood, the quality of our relationships go up and transformational unity will build authentic community. We must seek humility in the revelation and grace we have today. We must understand that sometimes we do not know, what we do not know, until it becomes absolutely known.

Robert Ricciardelli
Converging Zone Network & Visionary Advancement Strategies

Email: Agaperoad@gmail.com

No comments: