Monday, November 2, 2009

Spirit of Deception is hard to deal with

I have a couple people, Friends, who are also Ministers. Pastors. Leaders. Good men. But profoundly deceived.

In one case deceived by a lie about money. A lie about government. A lie about finances. Buying this lie has and will put him in bondage. Severe bondage. I have tried to ask questions and hope he gets the message. He doesn't. I have prophesied to him. When you buy a little lie, it leads to a big one and eventually to death, at least in this case death of his ministry.

The other is more devious. This man is about my age. Bright. Prolific. Well educated. PhD. But he is full of pride...hubris. He consumes many books, watches TV a great deal, goes to many many movies, loves sports of all kinds. He is absorbed by worldly things to the point where anything about Jesus is surplus or is driven by tradition and education. I don't think he has had an original revelation from the throne of God in years. He will lose his ministry if he doesn't begin to set aside these worldly distractions. He is about to drift off. He will wonder why. I have spoken to him.

In both cases they hear me but they don't. Deception is like that.

I have laid hands on them at one time or another in trying to break this spirit.

Sometimes it seems like people have to spiritually have a Prodigal time and then return from the far country after too many pea pods. The spirit of Deception is there to defer, waylay or neutralize what might have otherwise been a great move of God in people's lives.

When the Bible says that the very elect might even be deceived, I have seen it first hand. Many are.

No comments: