Wednesday, November 11, 2009

The Lord is My Shepherd even when I Don't See Him

I was impressed with the idea that I shall not want is a confession that we make pretty lightly.

Is this true? When we quote Psalms 23 do we really get it?

I don't think so. I don't think we are capable of getting it. Until we MUST. God uses situations like Lions and Bears to equip his sheep for the Goliaths of life.

A dream by Graham Cooke contains this context. He saw himself in a place where the enemy was everywhere. Where people hated him. Warfare was rampant. Yet in the middle of all this was an insistent but friendly waiter who insisted on feeding him, on taking his order in the chaos, insisted on serving him in spite of the mess all around.

He wondered what that was all about and then remembered PS 23. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies.

Sometimes God comes to us in the middle of the biggest mess of attack of the enemies of our soul and body and he sets a table, serves, feeds, listens for our desires. It seems like it's in the middle of the mess where he shows up most obviously.

He is there.
Jehovah-Shammah

No comments: