Sunday, November 15, 2009

Picking a date and time

I enjoy speculation. This is not the word of the Lord. It's just speculation.

The Angels said on ascension day that in like manner Jesus would return....

Ascension day was ten days before Pentecost. If the day of Pentecost in the year 31 (which most people assign as the year Jesus was rose again) is calculated forward, then the year 2031 on May 21 is the exact day plus two thousand years that Jesus ascended into heaven. Since the angels said in like manner, it would be good to consider that could be the exact day Jesus will return.

I like to think about these things. Not that it matters. It probably doesn't. Or does it?

It matters exactly as much as the Date December 21, 2012. The movie that is opening about that date has the same credibility as the projection I just made. No more, No less.

Don't get excited. He's coming soon. When? I'll let you know the second I see the sky parting.

But then you'll see him at the same time I do so my alert will be redundant.

And the glory of the Lord will be made clear, and all flesh will see it together, for the mouth of the Lord has said it. Isaiah 40:5