Monday, November 9, 2009

I believe the Holy Ghost established Large Form Church

It is in vouge to be against the large church. I'm against stupid large church. There are plenty. But if I read the Book of Acts correctly, that church started out large. It was so large it needed to have house groups. But it seems like they met together on Sundays en mass.

Read it and you tell me.

I believe a Large Church can do things a small church cannot.

And vice versa.

I know all about the Barna Book Revolution. Read it. Yet, it seems like counter to that book, there is a place for the large church.

If the Holy Ghost were to come and create his church large, whey do we insist in making is small? What spirit is that?

I'm just asking, by the Holy Ghost.

2 comments:

Your Sis said...

Haven't read the book. Not much interested to. Tired of "formula's" so what if it worked for him them, her? Did GOD tell YOU ( or me) to do it that way? You CANNOT operate on someone else's anointing. Period. I'm not you and you are not me. We can work together and flow. Every joint supplying..but I am not called to act or look just like you or vice versa. God has His own plan for each of us and the blueprint of how it ALL fits together, if we each do what He's called us individually AND collectively to do. No need for fads or cookie cutter "church must be done this way to be a real Holy Ghost church" Church must be done Holy Ghost and then it is a real Holy Ghost church.

If God leads me down a certain path to do something a certain way, and I find someone else is doing it, then I may inquire how to do it better the way I am being led, but I can't just copy how someone else does everything. God made us a bunch of originals. So dare to go against the flow of the world's mindset! BE who HE created YOU to be! And don't knock who somebody else is called to be. If you see stuff- PRAY! Otherwise keep your mouth shut and walk in wisdom and love and seek peace. That's the Word. Time to get back to it. Amen?

Ron McK said...

The Holy Spirit loves getting lots of converts. He enjoys getting them together to celebrate. That does not mean that he wants large churches. Much of what he wants to do in the lives of God's people cannot happen in large churches.