Thursday, August 6, 2015

Words and Bonds

We have heard the expression, "His word is his bond".  Said normally about a good person who has high integrity and who does what he or she says they will do. If they said it, that settles it.

This is infinitely more true of your Heavenly Father.  His word IS HIS bond.  He speaks and it is sealed in heaven forever.  You can write it on the wall,  Or He does.

So as we consider the full counsel of God, the whole of His word, his complete word to us, it is filled with bond quality words.  When we grasp, claim and live in the eager expectation of the fulfilment of them, you can live in hope, faith, love, joy and peace.  You can suffer long, because you KNOW.

There is another dimension however to this.  OUR word must be OUR bond:

When you make a promise to God, don't delay in following through, for God takes no pleasure in fools. Keep all the promises you make to him.  Ecclesiastes 5:4


Don't trap yourself by making a rash promise to God and only later counting the cost. 
Proverbs 20:25


A person who promises a gift but doesn’t give it is like clouds and wind that bring no rain.   
Proverbs 25:14

Just say a simple, 'Yes, I will,' or 'No, I won't.' Anything beyond this is from the evil one.  
Matthew 5:37




Yet among many when someone proclaims themselves a christian a red flag goes up.  This should not be.  We should not come under immediate suspicion of fraud because others make promises they can't keep, or commitments they don't follow thru on. 


Don't ever promise something you have no intention of doing.  IF you find yourself unable to do what needs to be done, then go to the person who was injured and ask for forgiveness and pardon.
Most important is to keep your word.

When God speaks thru one of his genuine prophets, you can write that on the wall as well.  Not everything that prophets say comes to pass - but if it is the word of the Lord, it is HIS word from that prophet's mouth.  It is why when I prophesy to someone I am so very careful to not make statements and claims that are simply flesh.  It's critical.  So critical. Here's what I hear Father saying:

"You are My Body on earth, you are My representation to many, you are My manifesting glory as you live as a witness to My nature.  My nature is truth.  I am truth.  When your bond is not kept you are misrepresenting Me.  I forgive you but I can only be in you what I am supposed to be as you submit to My Spirit.  Be true, let your word be your bond, just as mine is in you".





         

No comments: