Satan has succeeded in using our culture to constrain us, like a jail does.
He has convinced many good people to accept things that a generation ago were unthinkable. He didn't use personal deceit, he used culture. We would have to go against peer pressure (Culture) to stand against the deception. The creep was slow at first, but now it has become a flood. A flood of ungodliness.
When I came of age in 1960 (a generation ago) there were things that were considered out of order. Some things were shameful:
- Unwed Parents
- Open Homosexuality
- Nudity on the big screen
- Lady Chatterley's lover as a book (very tame by today's standards)
- Swearing in the movies (Frankly my dear....etc) I never even HEARD the F word till I was 13
- Corruption in Government
- Openly Gay Clergy
- Openly Atheistic proponents
- Taking Government assistance (welfare was considered shameful)
- Not working for a living (being unemployed was a shame)
- Depending on a paycheck rather than being in business for yourself (working for someone was looked down upon)
- Friends with Benefits (fornication without shame with anyone)
- People fornicating on TV (not the act) without shame (Desi And Lucy didn't share a bed)
- Greed exalted
- Theft expected
- Violence tolerated (Media Violence is quintuple from what it was in 1960)
- Religious freedom constrained (the whole separation of church and state lie)
These things have become so part of our culture that to push back will be impossible without changing the culture. YET the Lord says, "So shall they fear the name of the LORD from the west, and his glory from the rising of the sun. When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the LORD shall lift up a standard against him". Isaiah 59:19
I know the interpretation of that verse is flawed, who comes like a flood? YET.. the LORD SHALL lift up a standard against the invasion and deception.
YOU ARE THAT STANDARD!