Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow by Gretchen Kershaw


    Today, we awake to a new day. Yesterday is gone and you can’t do anything about it, but today is here and you can do everything about it! Each day when I wake up, I always thank the Lord for allowing me to see another day. I always start my day by talking with the Lord and asking Him what is Your will for me today, and asking for His will to be done. I have a servant’s heart and my desire is to serve Him…Not just in heaven but here on the earth, matter of fact I desire to serve Him ALL the days of my life. This morning the Lord and I were spending time together and He said to me “My child, many people woke up this morning and are still caught in yesterday; many people are still struggling, hurting, wounded, broken, frustrated, angry etc…from yesterday. My child, many people are stuck in years ago of yesterdays and can’t even begin to see what is before them today!”

    This grieved my heart this morning, as I too was once where many people are at, knowing full well what it’s like to be stuck in yesterday and not know how to even rejoice and be glad that a new day is here. But GOD….Not one of us can change people, make people love us, desire to be with us, share with us, grow with us, apologize for hurting us etc…But GOD… All of our “Yesterdays” are filled with many things some good, some bad, some challenging etc…But all of our “Today's” are NEW in the LORD!!!

    Here's what God says about Yesterday:

    Proverbs 27:1 "Do not boast about tomorrow for you do not know what a day may bring forth"

    Philippians 3:13 "Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead"

    Isaiah 43:18 "Forget the former things, do not dwell on the past" See, I am doing a new thing!

    Here’s what God says about Today:

    Psalms 118:24 "This is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it"

    Lamentations 3:21-24 This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the LORD'S mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness. The LORD is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him.

    2 Corinthians 5:17 “Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold all things are become new.”

    Job 17:9 “The righteous keep moving forward and those with clean hands become stronger and stronger.”

    Here's what God says about Tomorrow:

    Matt 6:31-34 “Therefore do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.

    If we continue to live in yesterday, we will never be able to see the hope and the blessings of a new day.

    In this manner, therefore, let us pray:
    Our Father in heaven,
    Hallowed be Your name.
    Your kingdom come.
    Your will be done
    On earth as it is in heaven.

    Give us this day our daily bread.
    And forgive us our debts,
    As we forgive our debtors.
    And do not lead us into temptation,
    But deliver us from the evil one.
    For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen.

    Learn from Yesterday, Live for Today and Look forward to Tomorrow…

    REJOICE….FOR THIS IS THE DAY THE LORD HAS MADE!!!!

No comments: