Sunday, May 12, 2013

Kathie Walters: The Story of The Ring: Simply Believe


Kathie WaltersI was at the computer and noticed that on my right hand there was a ring missing from my pinky (I am a ring person).
It was a lovely dark blue tanzanite with diamonds. I was distressed for a minute, but then I thought, "It has to be in the house somewhere or I would have missed it before." My first thought was to call my dear friends, Lynn and Brian (my twin friends from Oklahoma City). These guys are great spiritual "locators." They are the guys that located my cell phone when it was dropped in the nighttime in a puddle. And God has used them in wonderful ways to "find" other lost things.
The ringThen I had a thought, "I will search the house thoroughly and then I will call the twins." God spoke to me right away and said, "Well, why don't you call them now?" So I thought, "OK then," and I called them. They "located" the ring (by the Holy Spirit) in about 20 seconds and told me exactly where it was...in detail.
I went and looked, found the ring, and called them back. We laughed! But then afterwards I realized that I had at first thought, "I need to DO SOMETHING first (in the way of searching)" before I called them to do the easy thing.
Just ask.
Yield To Him
I then wondered if we go through all kinds of hoops unconsciously before we just simply ask and let God do it... It must be the remains of old works theology.
Funny how it keeps popping up now and then. I am not at all into "working for Jesus." He doesn't want us to work for Him. He wants us to yield to Him, and He will work through us. It's much easier that way, and MUCH MORE EFFECTIVE.
YieldIt's ALL HIM. 100%. We get to do the yielding – not the trying. Trying can be very trying. His right hand and His Holy arm have gotten the victory. Religious spirits always make us try and do what only God can do.
He (Jesus) is the one who is going to "present [us] faultless before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy" (Jude 24). He (Jesus) is going to do that. It's His prerogative. Not your prayer partner, not your mom, not your pastor, not your husband or wife. You are His trophy. He is going to present you faultless. He is going to get all the glory because He did all the work.
Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; which He shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Savior; that being justified by His grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life. Titus 3:5-7 KJV
Chill Out – Take a Break
There is no striving and trying and working at it in the Spirit realm. Remember, your first calling is to enjoy God, and then out of that you can serve Him as you are led by the Spirit. It's funny, sometimes we will do anything except simply believe. We fast, pray, etc. But when it all comes down to it, it's simply trusting Him to do what He said He would do. "Casting ALL your care upon Him, for He cares for you" (1 Peter 5:7, emphasis mine).
For all the promises of God in Him are Yes, and in Him Amen, to the glory of God through us. 2 Corinthians 1:20
Kathie Walters
Good News Ministries

Email: kathiewalters@mindspring.com
Website: kathiewaltersministry.com

No comments: