Wednesday, May 15, 2013

SELF as an Enemy

I was spoken to clearly today.  It is for me, but for many also:

For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the faith God has distributed to each of you.  Romans 12:3
I am saddened by the self aggrandizement I see in the body of Christ.  It's not just the titles, the robes, the overbearing luxuries at the expense of those who give to God, it's the sad pretense that makes me shake my head in wonder.

This isn't all.  There are many who I know who are very clear on who they are.  They are self aware.

But some stain the Body of Christ by their self appointments and self aggrandisement.

The Lord told ME to be very careful of this.  To think of myself no higher than I ought.  That I need to be aware by faith of those things that could make me stumble.

I am saying to anyone who reads... know who you are, but not more than what you really are.  That's what Paul wrote to the Romans...and now two millenia later I hear him speak it again.

No comments: