Saturday, November 13, 2010

Times Time and Half a Time -

18 Months ago during the darkest times of the economy (the nadir of which was March 9, 2009) I spoke in several places and wrote of the economy and what was about to come. I have posted a video of this talk. I wanted to have an unmodifiable record of what I believe I heard the Lord Say. It stands yet today. http://northerngleaner.blogspot.com/2009/03/economic-future-of-usa-and-world.html

Now time has passed, I am more confident than ever in what I believe the Lord is saying regarding the economy. He needs no supporting views, but I offer a couple for your consideration. Jeremy Grantham is considered one of the premier market analyst. He has more gray hair than I do. He has called the market right in a macro fashion for years. His current view on the future parallels with what was brought prophetically a year and a half ago.

There is a video and a transcript of the interview. http://seekingalpha.com/article/236462-jeremy-grantham-has-already-started-to-sell?source=dashboard_macro-view

IF you are interested in what your future and that of your children, business, and church will be in the next decade or so, this is worth watching or at least reading. There is much meat here. I must warn you however, if you are looking for happy talk and all upbeat news, it's not here. Yet, if you read between the lines you will see much to be celebrated. We are about to go thru a transition to a more sane time. I am convinced in the Spirit that this will usher in a great revival. It will look much different from what you thought it would be, but it will be revival rising out of pain and need.

Prosperous islands like Fargo North Dakota and St Charles / Geneva IL are deserts for Christianity. Fargo is nearly at the bottom of the list in churched cities (number 89). http://www.menshealth.com/best-life/holy-hometowns?cm_mmc=MagURL-_-Dec2010-_-metrogrades-_-holytowns

Just like Geneva St Charles. When the prosperity disappears, the need for Jesus will grow. So, these will be good times if the Church is ready for them. I hope we will be ready for this when it comes.

I find reading the transcript faster than listening to the video. So, you decide. Here's the link to that:
http://feeds.feedblitz.com/%7E/t/0/0/creditwritedowns/%7Ehttp://www.cnbc.com/id/40131748

I offer this as a signpost for hope, yet a warning for sound preparation. I read the Book of Jeremiah and see how the Prophet had to offer hope yet tell the truth about the duration of the siege. This is that time and serious prophets are preparing the people.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mm, its fantastic-/

Anonymous said...


This is a good posting, I was wondering if I could use this write-up on my website:)))