Saturday, October 9, 2010

When an Alarm Goes Off ..... Don't Panic .... But don't ignore the ALARM

It seems like prophetically I am engaged in sounding an alarm more than I wish I were. It's not a role as a Prophet I enjoy. I don't want to be a doomsayer. Yet, there is a precedent for standing on the wall and sounding the trumpet. So, I do what I am called to. I don't want to...but I must tell you the truth:
Joel 2
1 Sound the alarm in Jerusalem!
Raise the battle cry on my holy mountain!
Let everyone tremble in fear
because the day of the Lord is upon us.
2 It is a day of darkness and gloom,
a day of thick clouds and deep blackness.


BUT IT ENDS WELL FOR THOSE WHO:

32 But everyone who calls on the name of the Lord
will be saved,
for some on Mount Zion in Jerusalem will escape,
just as the Lord has said.
These will be among the survivors
whom the Lord has called.


There is MUCH in between the two. You have to read it and spend some time ...

There is going to be much difficulty, much pain, much economic and social collapse. There will be war.

The only way to survive is to overcome by the POWER of the Spirit:
28 “Then, after doing all those things,
I will pour out my Spirit upon all people.
Your sons and daughters will prophesy.
Your old men will dream dreams,
and your young men will see visions.
29 In those days I will pour out my Spirit
even on servants—men and women alike.
30 And I will cause wonders in the heavens and on the earth—
blood and fire and columns of smoke.
31 The sun will become dark,
and the moon will turn blood red
before that great and terrible day of the Lord arrives.
The Good Days will return once more after the warfare. They will be better. More sane. You will not look back on the former days with longing.

Surely the Lord has done great things!
21 Don’t be afraid, my people.
Be glad now and rejoice,
for the Lord has done great things.
22 Don’t be afraid, you animals of the field,
for the wilderness pastures will soon be green.
The trees will again be filled with fruit;
fig trees and grapevines will be loaded down once more.
23 Rejoice, you people of Jerusalem!
Rejoice in the Lord your God!
For the rain he sends demonstrates his faithfulness.
Once more the autumn rains will come,
as well as the rains of spring.
24 The threshing floors will again be piled high with grain,
and the presses will overflow with new wine and olive oil.

25 The Lord says, “I will give you back what you lost
to the swarming locusts, the hopping locusts,
the stripping locusts, and the cutting locusts.
It was I who sent this great destroying army against you.
26 Once again you will have all the food you want,
and you will praise the Lord your God,
who does these miracles for you.
Never again will my people be disgraced.
27 Then you will know that I am among my people Israel,
that I am the Lord your God, and there is no other.
Never again will my people be disgraced.

IF you overcome by the power of the Spirit you will walk not only in safety but in abundance. YOU will be a sign and a wonder to the world lost in sin.

You must look only to ME says the Lord. I am the one who sends the army to tear down all that you thought was safety, I tear down every baal altar erected above my altar. The altars of wealth, power, economics, politics, sports, entertainment, media, popular music, fame, fortune and even family that stands in the way of wholehearted worship of ME. You will have no other gods before me or you will have no GOD at all.


The glory of this latter house shall be greater than of the former, saith the LORD of hosts: and in this place will I give peace, saith the LORD of hosts. Haggai 2:9

No comments: