1. Prioritizing is Imperative. We must prioritize because of the level of distractions that are going to be available. Focus on keeping first things first, second things second, etc. etc. Distractions and disorder will dilute Kingdom purpose. Jesus said, “Seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness and all these things will be added”. Our father is committed to supplying everything we need in life. However, he is not pleased with lip service. He isn’t pleased with intellectual, philosophical Christianity while we live our lives as functional atheists. In other words we declare we believe in Jesus and we attend church yet our lives are lived without a sense of ongoing accountability to the ways of God. When the Fathers will and your will collide ….do you say no to yourself or God? We essentially live like the guy down the road that doesn’t even profess Christianity. Where is the evidence of whose we are?
2. Attitude is Imperative. We must control our attitudes. Just a few attitudes to be on the alert for: An attitude of pessimism or eminent doom will lead to more and more depression and hopelessness. David said, “ I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD” Fearfulness will weaken us and take our courageousness away. Fear will cause us to be double minded in the purpose of God. Isaiah said, “Say to them that are of a fearful heart, Be strong, fear not: behold, your God will come with vengeance, even God with a recompense; he will come and save you. Then the eyes of the blind shall be opened, and the ears of the deaf shall be unstopped.” Angry hostile attitudes will eventually become a snare to your life. Anger rests in the bosom of fools.
3. Outlook is Imperative. Events are the things in life that influence our outlook. Life must not be ruled by events. Our lives must be defined only by our purpose in God. Experience in life good or bad can become a spur to action or a black hole of despair. Who are you? Shall you be defined by an incident? Will you be defined by episodes in life that have been evil? You will never go forward looking back over your shoulder. Learn from the past ….don’t live there.
4. Change is Imperative. Due to the ongoing attrition of the enemy we must guard our attitudes. We must change or adjust our attitudes daily, sometimes hourly. When we change a baby’s diaper we don’t just add another diaper over the old one. When we change them we take off the old and discard it. Then we put on the new. When we change lanes on the highway we must leave the lane we are in. We must put down the old to embrace the new.
5. Diligence is Imperative. Be diligent to guard your attitude. Your attitude controls your spiritual momentum. Attitude either stabilizes and/or accelerates or it slows and/or stops our “Kingdom” purpose. At Ziklag David had to encourage himself in the Lord. Get up! Shake yourself! Take hold of what the Lord has told you to do and then DO IT!
6. Courageousness is Imperative. The thought which doesn’t nurture courage must be judged and discarded. We are to be courageous and take on everything God says for us to do. We are well able to do what God has told us to do only take heed to your attitude.
7. Staying on Mission is Imperative. Saints we have been dropped into this hour as strategic ambassadors of a kingdom that has all the answers to the ills of mankind. What are we doing letting the mindsets of this world keep us from being the solution. There are only two cultures; the culture of this world (darkness)in all its varied forms and then the culture of the Kingdom of God(light). Shall we get offended by the darkness and withdraw our light. Nothing can withstand the culture of Gods’ Kingdom. We are the solution to change the Godless culture of the land. Darkness cannot overcome the light. Though our lives are poured out in what most would consider as unappreciated unrecognized endeavors those actions of obedience become the seed of change. We must be courageous to take on the task of the hour. How does this culture of the Kingdom of God practically display itself? This Kingdom is on display through our love, selflessness, and sacrificial service; by walking in righteousness, justice, and judgment; by living life in obedience and accountable to the unseen and ongoing influence of our living Lord.
I Love You Church