Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Never Confuse Anointing with Approval

I am saddened by the Body of Christ and the misunderstanding they have of the anointing of God on people called of God to a purpose. HE gives the anointing to accomplish HIS purposes. Somehow "Touch not my anointed" has become a misunderstood quote from the word of God that also means, put your discernment in a barrel and drive a bung in it. We may not touch the "anointed" but if we don't, God will and he will use whatever means possible to correct error.

God anoints even Donkeys to speak truth. He anoints fallen people who he can use for a time to accomplish what needs to be done. THEN as humans we think it's about the anointed, not his anointing. People who walked in great anointing falling and we think somehow we must treat those people as different from the rest of us who fall. When a person with a great anointing falls or misses God in sin, they need one thing - REPENTANCE. Perhaps God will bring them back. Otherwise the anointing they once had becomes wood hay and stubble. This applies to me too. It's not about the great work they once did, it's about who they are RIGHT NOW. Each of the men listed below have been used mightily. Some have come back. There's only one doorway to return. Humility, brokenness and repentance.

Paul Cain, Paul Crouch, Jimmy Swaggart, Jim Bakker, Ted Haggard and GENE, chief among sinners, need the grace of GOD in their lives to make it another day. So do Paula White and Benny Hinn. Greatly anointed. Greatly in need of repentance right now. I hope they find it.

I don't care how anointed you are. How anointed they are. How anointed your pastor is. How anointed the next big meeting leader is. We are all cracked clay vessels used by God for a season to fulfill the purpose of God in the earth. He might use me to bring a word of encouragement or hope to someone. Yet my flaws are evident. I need Jesus. I need his forgiveness in my life. So do all the other people in the roll above.

When anyone who carries a great anointing stumbles and falls, the key must be for that person to answer nothing, ask forgiveness, find accountability where it is lacking and beg to be let back into the flow of what brought them to that place of anointing.

Otherwise the great and anointed among us will be on that day found as Jesus described:

Matthew 7:21-23 (New Living Translation)

True Disciples
21 “Not everyone who calls out to me, ‘Lord! Lord!’ will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who actually do the will of my Father in heaven will enter. 22 On judgment day many will say to me, ‘Lord! Lord! We prophesied in your name and cast out demons in your name and performed many miracles in your name.’ 23 But I will reply, ‘I never knew you. Get away from me, you who break God’s laws.’

Luke 13:3 (New International Version)

3I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish.



Lord, let none who you have placed your anointing on be found standing before you with heads hung down hearing the words, ‘I never knew you. Get away from me, you who break God’s laws.’ It's time for us to understand the anointing and get away from the hero worship of Minister Superstars that keeps THEM from falling on their face and begging forgiveness. EGO is used by the enemy to keep them from getting real. Forgive us all. I pray right now for Benny Hinn and Paula White that God will humiliate them to the point of repentance. That they will be unprotected from HIS discipline, even if it's unpleasant for a season, and that he will break them until broken and poured out they come back and can be used even greater in the Kingdom. IT may not be the prayer that others pray, but I pray that the hedge of protection around them be torn down. The anointing invested in these two is too great not to be refined by fire for greater glory.

Amen

1 comment:

Timothy Thomas said...

When there is error, sin or pride He will correct. We are to serve the Body with humility and understand that it is God, by His Spirit that does the works and not us.