Thursday, June 3, 2010

To For and By Someone

Yesterday I received a note from a person who in her words said, "I feel desperate for a prophetic word in my life in this season."

She didn't offer much information, but hoped that I might be able to offer a Word from the Lord for her. I get these pretty often and take them seriously. I'm not a psychic nor am I a counselor. I'm just a prophet. Someone who can and will say what God says. That's what a prophet does.

Her need for a word is one I understand, I need to hear God speak. When He is silent in my life I starve. Sometimes that is because of my own error or distraction. Sometimes it is because of a disturbance in my spirit. Sure there are ways I can overcome...worship music helps..but then I find myself prophesying what the spirit of the song is saying. Reading the written word of God helps, but I often I find myself reflecting what the word says, it is God speaking. That's good, but it's not as good as the word quickened by the Spirit to remembrance. That was the promise Jesus made regarding the Holy Spirit's work in our life.
But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you. John 14:26
Of course that means that the Word must be hidden in our hearts.
Thy word have I laid up in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee. Psalm 119:11
Now, what does the Spirit of God SAY to my corespondent?

  • He knows everything about you. Everything. Yet he loves you. He wants to touch you. He's right there as close as the next breath you take. He can't be understood, but He can be known. He's beyond your reasoning yet you can reach him when you embrace faith over reason.
  • You were created for a purpose. It is known to HIM and HE wants to reveal it to you. It probably already has been revealed. You probably already know it. You may have taken another course. You may have developed a life path that seems to leading you a direction you didn't want to go. There is a particular bent you were best able to follow. Not a job. Not a career. A purpose. You might make your living doing what you do, but your life is fulfilled when you are doing what HE does.
  • Discovery of the Word for you will come from serving, encouraging, building up and consoling others. I'm not talking about just feeding the poor. That's good. I'm talking about finding people who will prosper from your encouragement. It's a sowing a reaping. You said you grew up in the Church; you will understand the principle.
  • Don't be discouraged when people don't seem to receive what you are giving. Jesus wasn't. He did what he did and those who would come to him did, those who chose not to, didn't. It's the parable of the soils. Understand that not everywhere you sow encouragement will that encouragement take root. Some will reject it. Some will misunderstand it. Some will become offended. Do it anyway.
  • Here's the word of the Lord for you, Jesus says, "I will never ever by any means ever forsake you, you will never be alone, you will always have Me with you...ALWAYS". I sense that you feel far from HIM at this point in your life, but HE isn't far from you. He wants to have spiritual intimacy with you more than you do with him. Pursue that place.
  • This isn't about church. This is about finding a healthy place to connect with others. Of course there's a risk. The risk of rejection. You find a place and then they reject you. That risk is worth it. The joy of a positive relationships you will build that will encourage YOU will be worth the fact that some will abandon you. You have been abandoned in the past. You have been alone. It's time to reconnect. I could make a suggestion, but I don't know much about you. It's better if you let the Spirit of God lead you. He's very good at it.
  • Last, I hear the Spirit say, "Ask Me and I will reveal Myself to you in ways you never thought possible. I am all you need. You can trust ME. If you will seek me, I will be found by you. That's a promise".

I won't give you the pat answers you might get from others even if it's good advice: Like, find a good church (Wow, there's a trick), Get into the Word (Always a good thing, but there are potholes if you start in Leviticus), Pray (This IS true, HELP ME JESUS is a good place to start).

Don't get religious. It will drag you down. Seek HIM first. Then all the rest will follow. Don't learn about Jesus the man, but Know Him as your KING. Then you will find the Kingdom.

Bless you K.

No comments: