Monday, June 14, 2010

Are you the good steward of a sound mind?

For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7


If we look at this inverted as often is the better case to grasp meaning, it would read:

For satan gives us a spirit of Fear, of powerlessness, of anger and hatred and a state of confusion and indecision.


I looked at several translations of the 2 Timothy to yeild this inversion.

I look at the state of the Body of Christ and I see the influence of Satan. Some emails I get are filled with fear, half truths, a sense of powerlessness, anger and confusion. The factual appraisal of them is marginal to non existent.

I wonder if the truth even finds the door. I wonder if that God Given Sound Mind and Fearlessness even exists?

I'm not speaking to any ONE, I get them all the time. So do you. 99% are bogus in every way. The most recent is regarding the Gulf Oil Spill and satan driven fear mongering.

It's also why I have come to reject much of the Fear Based Eschatology. I won't be left behind and neither will you. If your child wandered off, even in rebellion, and you had to continue on your journey, will you as a father or mother leave him or her behind? NO, of course not, you would search, dig, scour until the lost is found. No matter what he or she did, you would hold her close.

Listen to God your father Speak:
"I don't get it. God has left me.
My Master has forgotten I even exist."
"Can a mother forget the infant at her breast,
walk away from the baby she bore?
But even if mothers forget,
I'd never forget you—never.
Look, I've written your names on the backs of my hands.
Isaiah 49
So, next time you get some flaky fear based angry email with all kinds of silly stuff in it, I speak a sound mind to you. Get past it. It's all a tool of confusion driven by the evil one.

GOD GAVE YOU A SOUND MIND.

Now, be a good steward of it.

1 comment:

GingerTice said...

That's a GOOD word! Praise God!