Thursday, June 25, 2009

Am I a Spiritual Desperado?

This morning I read a stirring post from Nancy Minor. It hits me in a place I am right now. She seems to be speaking to me and many I know who are of Heidi Baker's situation in mindset:

Desperation
1 a: having lost hope b: giving no ground for hope 2 a: moved by despair b: involving or employing extreme measures in an attempt to escape defeat or frustration 3: suffering extreme need or anxiety 4: involving extreme danger or possible disaster 5: of extreme intensity

Desperado
DESPERADO, n. A desperate fellow; a furious man; a madman; a person urged by furious passions; one fearless, or regardless of safety.

The Lord spoke to Pastor Rusty during intercession last Sat and asked him, "How desperate are you?" He seeks the Lord steadily, hungrily...so if God is asking him that question... I sit up and take notice!

How desperate are you? How intense about Knowing Him? How Hungry? To what extreme will you go to escape the status quo? Will people say you are a madman, in your pursuit of God? Are you urged on by furious passions of the Spiritual kind? Or are you plagued with passions of the lesser kind?
..............

Heidi Baker talks of living a lifestyle of " If you don't show up God, we're all dead." Since she lives in Mozambique in a Moslem Nation,caring for 7000 orphans, I think she has hit on something!
Read the whole thing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Quote:
"Heidi Baker talks of living a lifestyle of " If you don't show up God, we're all dead." Since she lives in Mozambique in a Moslem Nation,caring for 7000 orphans, I think she has hit on something!"




Is it God who has brought hope to the orphans or Heidi? Is God not able or is He far off, ear dull or arm too short? Will God share His glory?
Perhaps Heidi has used hyperbole to motivate but did God not feed His children in the desert?
I long for the time when man/woman is not held up for admiration since they have nothing that was not given them by God's own hand.

Heart n Hands Inc. said...

Dear Snarklefarkle,

Paul said "Follow me as I follow Christ." Does that mean he was holding himself up for admiration? No.
We are to be iron sharpening iron.

I am reminded of Dwight L Moody, who in his day reached many for Christ. Someone approached him and said to him, "Moody, I don't much care for how you do things." Mr. Moody answered, "I don't much care for them either. So, tell me how you do you do it?"

Heidi isn't being held up to be admired, only as an example of someone stretched out to run the race with all her might with all she has and knows to be...

It is easy to "Say" things, much different to walk them out.

Yes, God fed HIS CHILDREN in the desert. But mostly God uses people to bless people and doesn't rain manna out of heaven much these days. Maybe a day is coming when He will have to. IF so, then I stand on Ps. 41:1 "Blessed is he that considereth the poor: the Lord will deliver him in time of trouble." Faith without works is dead. Because HE loves me and BECAUSE I love HIM, I give to the poor and I certainly believe that is the case with Heidi also.

But beyond that, I am longing for MORE OF HIM in my life- not just for myself although I desperately NEED HIM every moment of every day, but so that I can be a greater blessing everywhere He sends me.

A woman (or man) in love is a happy person! One who feels cheated, let down or unloved can be bitter and stingy. My Lord has never let me down, were it that I could say the same about me! How can I not give?

May our paradigms be changed for His.

Kindly,
Nancy