Thursday, November 6, 2014

From A Friend.. good thinking

Do I fit the shape of things to come, a future uncertain? Only His preparation predicts precisely the footing of the sojourner, the step beyond his last. So there is no reason to hold on grimly to the handrails of faith. There is no better seaworthy vessel in salty torrents than the boat Jesus boards. He is Master over storm and Lord over His own law. He is a watershed in the day of evil, when the illusionist performs his little magic tricks, staging power-plays in a world in love with itself. Measured by the vapor of mortality, narcissism becomes incidental eyewitness to the diminishing returns of self preservation. 

Truth is what Truth does. No one survives death but Jesus. So in Christ's death and resurrection is the only safe harbor, no exceptions found in religion. Co-death and co-resurrection is the Way.
Christ is Way to our way. He is our Truth and Life. This removes us from being of this world, but in it we remain; yet, our way is not of this world. For we are of two estates simultaneously... in the world, but not of it... of heaven, but not yet (physically) in it.

To my retractors who have labeled me a Universalist. I am not. I do not believe there is a way to the Way. But I do believe that Western Christianity has created a way to the Way. This I call religion, additions of works and law to the pure gospel. Paul makes this truth plain as day:
"I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you by the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel."

Jesus IS "Way." I believe in the gospel of Jesus Christ. I believe in the gospel to the Gentile (ethnos), given to Apostle Paul by revelation (Gal. 1:12)... a gospel by grace alone, no strings attached. Again, a note to my retractors: What additions have you made to the gospel of Jesus Christ? And if you are a purveyor of Jesus-plus-law/works, are you adding darkness to the stage our adversary performs on?

No comments: