Monday, May 19, 2014

When Seasons Change, I NEVER DO

I look around at the weather and consider how seasons change.  Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter.  The clock ticks.  The calender turns, the years move.

Crisis come and go.  Wars, Rumors, Earthquakes, Catastrophe.  Yet... in all this noise, seasons change.

Never forever..  Yet those things, those places, those people, those governments thought to never change... change. Disappear.  Dissipate. Destroyed. POOF here today.. gone tomorrow.

The impermanence's of it all is a warning to take too seriously only those things that cannot change.  The unchangeable (Immutable) God.

He never sleeps, slumbers or loses sight of you.

He says, "when Seasons in your life seem to be changing, I never do. I am always with you.  I will never leave you.  Others may leave you. Others may become faithless in your life, but I am never going to change.  Not towards you.  You are My child.  Always on My mind".

The things around us we see right now are subject to change..  it's just a season.  

2 Corinthians 4:17-18 For our present troubles are small and won’t last very long. Yet they produce for us a glory that vastly outweighs them and will last forever! 18 So we don’t look at the troubles we can see now; rather, we fix our gaze on things that cannot be seen. For the things we see now will soon be gone, but the things we cannot see will last forever.


2 comments:

Darlene Rose said...

Back in the early 90s, I had come out of a church that borderlined cult, after serving every day, 7 days a week, in the ministry. The Lord gave me vivid visions back then. I saw a vision of a woman (me) in a forest all dressed in white walking down a hill to the lake below. When I got to the lake I cupped my hands to bring some water to my mouth and I got a dead fish in my hands. The Lord said "They look clear but the waters are polluted"

I knew the Lord was calling me out. I was devastated. In meditation, I asked the Lord "Please don't ever let me be deceived like this again." Then, my thoughts trailed and I found myself in a vision. I was a ten year old girl, back in my hometown in CT. IT was a Fall day and I was gearing up to jump into a pile of brightly colored leaves. I was going to abandon myself in them but then there was a tap on my shoulder. Then a voice "The leaves are dead." Then He "turned me around towards summer" and we walked together toward the evergreen. He said "The colors are beautiful but if you abandon yourself to the colorful, you will die when they do. Keep your eyes fixed on the One whose colors never change throughout each season."

While there was nothing wrong with jumping in the leaves or wanting to be a kid again, or even colorful and vibrant things, the Lord was telling me not to get caught up and desire them as if they were above Him. He alone is the One who never changes throughout all seasons. Knowledge of Him is found in His word alone. There will be many who say "here is Christ" or "there is Christ" but knowledge of Him is found in His word - and knowing Him is found as we walk together.

Anonymous said...

That is an awesome Word Darlene !