There are several that come to mind. Remember, if you see or hear any of these, your "Devildetectometer" should hit "11" right away. (most of us call this God given instrument Discernment).
Here are demonic things to watch for:
- He twists truth and uses it to lie. (Eve in the Garden) 2 Corinthians 11:3
- The result of his work is to destroy your future. (Jesus in the Wilderness and deceiving Judas)
- Killing (death) is deeply embedded in his program. When you see death.. look for him. John 10:10
- Smooth words are a prime skill. He looks good.. angel of light good. 2 Corinthians 11:14
- He knows the Bible.. and uses it to trick you, he did with JESUS in the wilderness
- His appeals are always what you think you want anyway. The easy way out. And uses saints sometimes to do this Matthew 16:23
- He promises a great future. As he did Jesus in the wilderness
- His lies are easier than the truth many times and are snatched away. Matthew 13:19
- He's clever and always on the prowl to find someone to trick.1 Peter 5:8
- Even a person who has a close intimate relationship with God can be tricked. Knowing God is not a talisman against deception. Matthew 16:23
- He comes with words of PEACE yet in hearing them there is no peace in it.
- He comes disguised as a flesh and blood opponent, yet the real power behind him is evil. Ephesians 6:12
- He justifies sin in the name of love. Homosex in our day 1 Timothy 5:15
- He causes people in leadership positions to make bad policy. David census. 1 Chronicles 21:
- He has power, but resisting him is your power.Ephesians 6:11-16
- He pretends to have great signs and wonders but they are all false. Bad imitations. His strategy is to discredit the real thing by his fake manifestation.1 Timothy 1:20
- Sometimes the enemy has permission to abuse you... not because God hates you, but because the devil has a legal right to do so. Adam gave it to him. Luke 22:31 Job 1:6-12
- The devil's domain is always dark and murky. No light. If you feel like things are dark.. look for it. Colossians 1:13
- He tries to distort and abuse the clear grace of God and impose additional things you have to do. Revelation 2:9
- No matter how very elect you or I are we are not beyond the capacity to be deceived. John 13:27 1 Samuel 16:14
- The devil will cause people to blaspheme. When you see outright balsphemey in the media.. that's him. IF there is a false accusation made... it's him. John 8:44
- The number one thing the devil wants to rip out of you is the truth of the revelation of God in your life. Zechariah 3:1-2
- The only protection against demonic influence is to occupy your whole being in the Things of God. Matthew 12:45
- The devil uses government to persecute Christians.
- He uses many snares.. to trap even believers.
- He sees to it people who are not believers are peppered into the fellowship, blind leading blind 2 Corinthians 4:4
- Angels contend with the Devil in your behalf
- Believers don't Choose to follow satan.. they stray after him
- Satan will cause people to lie Acts 5:3
- Satan uses your flesh's lack of self control to trick you
- Satan will hinder ministry. 1 Thessalonians 2:18
- You have been given authority over satan... yet you must be in right standing to operate
- Satan is responsible to God... yet he is doomed and knows it. He if a fallen angel.. but angel none the less. 2 Corinthians 12:7
Jesus has destroyed the works of the devil, but the devil is still working. 1 John 3:8
1 John 5:19 The world belongs to Satan. John 16:11 Satan rules the world
It is prudent for believers to be wary and aware of the schemes of satan. He is indeed a ravenous roaring lion. He wants to blind those you care about and kill you. Make no friend of evil.
We are not to be ignorant.. but many are. I hear preachers all the time say, we shouldn't spend much time focusing on the devil and his evil works... except JESUS did.. and I think if we are going to be effective in the kingdom.. we must be wise as serpents in dealing with the enemy (the devil) . but to those not our enemy be harmless as doves.
I have done this so that we may not be taken advantage of by Satan. For we are not to be ignorant of his schemes. 2 Corinthians 2:11