Thursday, May 8, 2014

I hear the Lord say: "RUN, Gene RUN"

I am not a runner in the flesh.  Never really was. Oh when I was young I could run.. but not for the reasons people think of today.  I ran as a way to get somewhere faster than I might otherwise.

Yet the Bible seems to use running as a way to describe many motives and purposes for the saint.  We are to be RUNNERS.  In studying out the word.. Run came to mean more than it did before.

David RAN to the battle with Goliath.

John outran Peter to the tomb.

Habakkuk 2:2 says that a vision will cause one to run
And the Lord answered me: “Write the vision; make it plain on tablets, so he may run who reads it.

That endurance wins the race when we Run:   Hebrews 12:1-2    1 Corinthians 9:24    Isaiah 40:31 Matthew 24:13

That sometimes we run in misdirection:   1 Corinthians So I do not run aimlessly; I do not box as one beating the air.    Galatians 5:7 You were running well. Who hindered you from obeying the truth?   Proverbs 1:16 For their feet run to evil, and they make haste to shed blood.     Amos 8:12 They shall wander from sea to sea, and from north to east; they shall run to and fro, to seek the word of the Lord, but they shall not find it.

Yet there is JOY in the Journey.. when you run the race:  Psalm 119:32 I will run in the way of your commandments when you enlarge my heart!     Psalm 19:5 Which comes out like a bridegroom leaving his chamber, and, like a strong man, runs its course with joy.     Song of Solomon 1:4 Draw me after you; let us run. The king has brought me into his chambers. We will exult and rejoice in you; we will extol your love more than wine; rightly do they love you.      1 Corinthians 9:24 Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one receives the prize? So run that you may obtain it.

Running is never a passive activity.  You can't run and sleep at the same time.  Warriors mount up and run on the wall (Joel) to do battle.  The Lord's army is a running army.  It marches, but when the trumpet sounds as a call to war, it runs toward the battle.

It's time for the Body of Christ to lay aside weights, take up the armor, sword and shield and RUN to confront the enemy.

The enemy fears those who run after the HIGH CALLING of GOD in their lives:   Not that I have already obtained this or am already perfect, but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me his own. Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. Philippians 3:12-14

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, i would like to welcome you prophet gene to be a blessing in africa/kenya, visit our website www,biodiversityheritage,org, thanks