Thursday, January 5, 2012

When did the Prophetic become a Self Help Program rather than Speaking for the God that IS??

I am around a lot of prophets. Some better than others.

There is a pattern I am seeing. It disturbs me.

Much that is personal prophecy is not much more or less than the kinds of affirmations and encouragements one might find at a Tony Robbins self help motivational seminar, a book written by some guru or another in the bookstore.

It's not prophecy. It might be encouraging, but it's not prophetic.

Prophetic speaks specifically to a persons future. Specifically to a persons capacities and authority. It speaks to the need for change or movement.

I don't hear much of that. I hear and read a lot of badly masked positive thinking philosophy.

Even when God sends forth his words by many voices all saying the same thing, the response from the Body of Christ is, "where are the positive words of encouragement?". That's what Jeremiah did that got him thrown in a well.

We are there once again. We no longer have clear voices reaching the masses. We have vapid ethereal prophecies without sound or substance.

Read Ezekiel 36. Pretty Rough if you read it all. God is not pleased, yet He protects his people. He hasn't changed.

Why do the "prophets" of today seem to think God is someone else from who he really IS??

Malachi 3:6 "I am the LORD, and I do not change. That is why you descendants of Jacob are not already destroyed."


It's still true. Speak for the GOD THAT IS...and not what you wish He were.

5 comments:

Fallout said...

For awhile I searched endlessly for prophecy that predicted the future of this world. I came to the conclusion that most of the “words” spoken were nothing but vanity and fluff.
I could come up with the same stuff and say nothing: Thus saith Fallout: God is about to do a new thing. The winds of change are blowing. Ready yourself for what God wants to do in your life. Do not look this way or that way, look up for your redemption draws near. We are at a time of shaking in the heavenlies. If you stand on the Rock you will not be shaken. When Billy Graham goes the Father, when you see that happen, you will know that a changing of the guard has begun. Draw close to God and be part of that change. Be ready. Be ready. Be ready. :)

Jer 14:14 Then the LORD said unto me, The prophets prophesy lies in my name: I sent them not, neither have I commanded them, neither spake unto them: they prophesy unto you a false vision and divination, and a thing of nought, and the deceit of their heart.
Jer 14:15 Therefore thus saith the LORD concerning the prophets that prophesy in my name, and I sent them not, ….

Jer 23:25 I have heard what the prophets said, who prophesy lies in My name, saying, I have dreamed, I have dreamed.
Jer 23:26 How long shall this be in the heart of the prophets who prophesy lies? But they are prophets of the deceit of their own heart,

Gene said...

WOW...that captures exactly what I was trying to say.

There is far too much fluff.

THANK YOU Brother.

You nailed it

Stephen said...

Sadly, I've read very few (very few) prophetic words that make me go "That's the Spirit speaking."

One of the marks of a true prophecy that I've discovered is it's not afraid to be specific. It speaks to the heart. You can sink your teeth into it. It's real. It's God.

prophecyfire/ D. gansmann said...

What i do see is there are prophets on different levels, some more mature in prophesying depth than others, good to check ourselves but when i started doubting too much it folded fr awhile. That why God told the prophets to stand before him, the standing

prophecyfire/ D. gansmann said...

God told the prophets to STAND before him, the standing is the confidence. God trust thier maturity in it, he says you declare it, you speak over the dead bones then, you know my heart and ways, so you declare.