Tuesday, January 17, 2012

God puts one up and another down. Poverty Persists because Prosperity is a Danger to Many

This may be why the Occupy Wall Street Crowd are not real big on Jesus. Jesus opinion of those who should prosper are those who know what to do with prosperity. Jesus taught this in a parable. I once asked the Lord why I struggled in this area so many times. He said, "if I prospered you to the level you are believing for it would ruin you and destroy many around you". I am learning. I want to be wise when he DOES prosper me beyond my wildest imagination. "to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us" Ephesians 3:20

This is FAIRNESS in the eyes of the Master...your and my master.

Matt 25:26 “His master replied, ‘You wicked, lazy servant! So you knew that I harvest where I have not sown and gather where I have not scattered seed? 27 Well then, you should have put my money on deposit with the bankers, so that when I returned I would have received it back with interest.

28 “‘So take the bag of gold from him and give it to the one who has ten bags. 29 For whoever has will be given more, and they will have an abundance. Whoever does not have, even what they have will be taken from them. 30 And throw that worthless servant outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’

Footnote:
1. Matthew 25:15 Greek five talents … two talents … one talent; also throughout this parable; a talent was worth about 20 years of a day laborer’s wage.

I have had seasons of Great Wealth in my life and was not as wise as God is with me. I have never starved, but I haven't always been as good with money as I must become to earn the right to more than I can ask or imagine wealth. I'm getting there.

No comments: