Saturday, September 24, 2011

Rick Ridings: Where We Stand on Israel is Crucial!

Rick and Patti Ridings

Vision of a Decisive, "Watershed" Moment for the Nations

Today, Friday, September 23, 2011, the President of the Palestinian Authority, Mahmoud Abbas, formally submitted a request to the United Nations to unilaterally recognize a Palestinian state as a full member state.

Three weeks ago during prayer, I had a vision which I shared on a video prayer alert, and I sense I must now share in written form to intercessors in the nations:

In the vision, I saw nations that had managed to jump over a very deep valley, and were trying to climb over the peak of a very steep mountain. The valley they had narrowly escaped was filled with clouds of thick darkness. It was full of serious economic crises, confusion, lawlessness, and anarchy.

I was made to understand that the peak they were now climbing toward represented a decisive "watershed" moment, when they would make a decision that would affect their futures in a serious way. I realized that this peak represented the decision that would face them if they had to vote in the UN concerning a Palestinian state that would divide Jerusalem, taking the eastern half as its capital.

As the vision continued, I saw that the nations which aligned with God's Word concerning the Land promised to the Jewish people returning from exile, were able to climb over the mountain peak. Shortly after that, those nations descended into a valley of some economic decline, but then climbed out of that valley to greater heights and blessings.

The nations that voted in alignment against the Scriptures, quickly lost their footholds, and slid rapidly down into the deep valley of darkness, with its economic crises, confusion, lawlessness, and anarchy.

I then was made to understand that the choice they had made would reap its consequences in a way that would be manifested by 11/11/2011.

I believe a Scripture that this vision lines up with is Joel 3:1-2:

"In those days and at that time, when I restore the fortunes of Judah and Jerusalem, I will gather all nations and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat. There I will enter into judgment against them concerning My inheritance, My people Israel, for they scattered My people among the nations and divided up My land."

If you would like more explanation of this vision, you can watch a video prayer alert which was released on September 11th (click here).

For a fuller understanding of some of the legal implications of this vote, I strongly encourage you to watch an excellent video by our friends in the "European Coalition for Israel" (click here).

Months ago, we felt we were to set aside three nights for governmental intercession at Succat Hallel for September 25-27 (just before Rosh Hashana). I sensed those dates would be very strategic for the future of Israel and of the nations. May I encourage you to join us in gathering with others to pray for Israel and your nation on those dates?

Some key Scriptures we have been praying concerning the UN vote are: Psalm 2; Psalm 33:8-12; Psalm 9:3-5, 15-16; and Jeremiah 12:14-16 (actually a promise of hope for Palestinian Arabs who become Believers in the true and living God).

May the Lord have mercy upon us all as we seek to know His Word, His ways, and His heart.

Please keep praying for this region – that the Kingdom of God would emerge powerfully in the midst of all the shakings.

Grace and shalom,

Rick and Patti Ridings
Co-Founders, Succat Hallel
24/7 Worship and Prayer in Jerusalem

No comments: