Saturday, September 10, 2011

IF an Apostle gives Space to Prophets to "Operate" , is that indicative of ranking?

Together, we are his house, built on the foundation of the apostles and the prophets. And the cornerstone is Christ Jesus himself. We are carefully joined together in him, becoming a holy temple for the Lord. Ephesians 2:20-21 NLT
I have always wondered why people see rank in the Body of Christ? When I interpret dreams (which I seldom do) I know that vehicles, boats, airplanes in a dream are usually indicators of ministry or ministries. Can even be a church.

That's why when a friend made the statement about space, I heard the Lord speak in terms of Ministry and vehicles.

Do apostles give space to Prophets to "Operate"?

Prophets reveal to Apostles where that Space IS. A church will tip if the foundations are one sided. See the passage above.

Consider the ministry an Apostle is head of as an automobile, a modern automobile.

The Apostle steers the car, starts it, shuts it off, people see the driver, he's visible. It's his car. Yet, he drives blind without the Prophet.

The Prophet keeps the headlights on, the turn signals working, the GPS connected, the windshield clean, the rear view mirrors properly adjusted, the speedometer accurate, the gas gauge showing how long before a pause is needed and if something is wrong in the engine blinks a trouble light saying so.

The apostle may keep driving without any of those things in his "Space" operating, but he will soon go off course, run out of gas and likely crash. I don't consider it a giving, but a responsibility to be what God called me to be, a Holy Ghost Safety equipment complex for the Apostolic car.

In the old days, there were no headlights on cars, or they were very dim. No tail lights. No turn signals (I owned a car with no turn signals). No GPS. You knew by putting a stick in the tank how far you could go till you needed more gas, many cars had no mirrors, no engine trouble light. Cars didn't go far or fast and there were a lot more accidents. The Prophetic metaphorically speaking has given Apostles the ability to find the space they need.

I have knows some reckless driving Apostles. They should be arrested. Most crash before.

If as a Prophet I give a wrong reading or am reflecting an improper image in the mirror or don't keep the windshield clean, I'm not doing my job and need to be replaced or repaired.

Even the GPS in my car sometimes wants to take me down a road in areas I am unfamiliar with. It has a route that will get me there more directly and more safely. IF I am driving, sometimes I will over ride it's direction. IF I know the route clearly, I am OK. IF it's new to me...and I guess. I end up in a dead end. It's happened more times than I will admit.

I know a lot of Apostles who know how to drive but think they have a built in GPS. They think all the other things the Prophetic brings are window dressing. They are like the game some kids play, they turn the lights off and drive fast in the dark to prove how instinctive they are.

Eventually if they keep up that pattern, the world has a name for them...Casualties.

Look at the disasters in big ministries over the last few years. I keep asking the question, who was his Prophet? Why weren't they doing their job. How did it not come that the warning light blinked radically and insistently?

Apostles NEED Prophets, the don't make space for them. If they ignore or disregard, they are flying blind headed for a fall.

No comments: